Senior Telecom Engineer - Santa Ana - (20000192)
Banc of California, Inc. (NYSE: BANC) is a bank holding company with approximately $8 billion in assets and one wholly-owned banking subsidiary, Banc of California, N.A. (the “Bank”). With our 600+ dedicated professionals, we provide customized and innovative banking and lending solutions to businesses, entrepreneurs and individuals throughout California. We proudly partner with community organizations that provide financial literacy, job training, small business support, and affordable housing to help improve the communities where we live and work. With a commitment to service and building enduring relationships, we provide a higher standard of banking.
Responsible for administering the telephone and/or Voice Over IP (VoIP) systems and all related software programs. Responsible for Network escalated work assignments, monitoring progress of work and reporting to management. Maintains system specifications; ensures the Bank's technology resource systems are operating in a secure and stable manner. Will deploys information technology architecture strategies to accommodate current and future organizational needs. Performs all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees and coordinates the installation, maintenance, and monitoring of the Banks telephone and Voice Over IP (VoIP) systems); maintains routers, firewalls, or any other network hardware components; ensures the highest levels of security and stability are maintained to protect Bank assets and staff.
- Oversees and executes the remediation of user issues or inquiries, such as hardware problems; administers the Bank’s information technology case logging system to ensure technical issues are properly reported and resolved within established quality service level guidelines; ensures the timely response by Telecom Team staff to inquiries and exhibits the necessary follow through with customers and/or staff involved.
- Performs routine system or administrative tasks, such as system specification changes, additions and deletions of Users or specific permissions for telephony systems; ensures necessary documentation is attained and properly authorized for such requests; originates and maintains system and user files.
- Assists with the creation and maintenance of process and procedure documentation including the collection and tracking of security and audit evidence materials. Maintains accurate and current information technology policies, procedures and related documentation, such as installation settings, specifications, diagrams, floor plans, etc.
- Participates in the evaluation of vendor hardware, software, and telecommunications equipment products; recommends purchases consistent with the Bank's short and long term objectives.
- Participates as a member of the Bank’s incident response team in the event of a technology emergency or breach in confidential information.
- Assures audit compliance and procedure quality control through internal and external reviews; recommends and initiates corrective actions; ensures system resources are in compliance with established Bank policies, procedures and state and federal regulations.
- Responsible for analyzing and deploying hardware and software updates and other patch management directives.
- Works closely with IT Management; reviews reports; helps organize plans and makes recommendations for information technology projects involving functional changes within the Bank and budgets.
- Processes, solves and answers complex customer transactions, problems or inquiries.
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Follows policies and procedures; completes tasks correctly and on time; supports the company’s goals and values.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes working environment free of harassment of any type; builds a diverse workforce and supports affirmative action.
- Performs the position safely, without endangering the health or safety to themselves or others and will be expected to report potentially unsafe conditions. The employee shall comply with occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations and orders issued pursuant to the OSHA Act of 1970, which are applicable to one’s own actions and conduct.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
Banc of California is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), denial of Family and Medical Care Leave, disability (mental and physical) including HIV and AIDS, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, national origin (including language use restrictions), race, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrates knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and responsibility for compliance with state and federal regulations and laws as they pertain to this position including but not limited to the following: Regulation Z (Truth in Lending Act), Regulation B (Equal Credit Opportunity Act), Fair Housing Act (FHA), Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA), Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) in conjunction with the USA PATRIOT Act, Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Customer Information Program (CIP), Right to Financial Privacy Act (RFPA, state and federal) and Community Reinvestment Act (CRA).
- Advanced knowledge of Bank operations and lending products and services; related state and federal laws and regulations, and other Bank operational policies and procedures.
- Advanced experience, knowledge and training in progressively responsible information technology department operations.
- Advanced knowledge of related state and federal banking compliance regulations, and Bank accounting policies and procedures.
- Mastered skills in information technology operations, voice and data communications, Network Telecom billing.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Advanced skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Intermediate math skills; calculate interest and percentages; balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and percent, including the drafting and interpretation of bar graphs.
- Ability to deal with difficult technical problems involving multiple facets, variables and situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to work with general supervision while performing duties.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR LICENSES:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or University and a minimum of 5 years’ related work experience and/or training. Work related experience should consist of a technical background in information systems management, products or services.
- Prior experience in the banking and/or financial services industry preferred.
Primary Location: United States-CALIFORNIA-SANTA ANA
3 MacArthur Place
Santa Ana 92707
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Corporate Services
Job Posting: Oct 28, 2020, 9:51:54 PM