6K Systems, Inc. (6K) provides exceptional Management Consulting, Information Technology and Mission Services to DoD, law enforcement and civilian agencies throughout the United States. In doing so, we utilize industry best practices to develop procedures that ensure compliance, consistency, reliability, and efficiency. As these standards evolve, we improve our level of quality and service to meet new demands.
Consistent with this focus, 6K holds a wide range of accreditations and certifications, including ISO 9001:2008 (Quality Management), ISO 14001:2015 (Environmental Management), ISO 27001:2013 (Security Management), and CMMi Maturity Level 2. 6K is a Microsoft Gold Solution Provider (MSCP, MCSE1, MCDBA, MCSA, MCNPS, MCTS, SA, MCITP, MCTEM).
This focus on quality and commitment to unparalleled customer satisfaction drives 6K to continuous improvement and growth. We are determined to grow our business and customer relationships through integrity, superior performance, and an uncompromising dedication to excellence.
We are looking for a professional, experienced Senior Telecommunications Analyst to join our team!
Individual will be responsible for reviewing communication networks as to their ability to support data processing requirements. Individual will also recommend changes to transmission networks, both in terms of hardware devices and switching points required to improve network performance. Individual will participate in the analysis, design, and implementation of communications networks including data processing transmissions.
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of eight (8) years of experience as a communications specialis
- Must have demonstrated technical writing and presentation capabilities and skills
- Must have developed performance specifications for communications networks within the past 18 months
- Must have specialized technical experience in the area of data hardware configurations relative to the communications and data transmission requirements
- Must be familiar with FTS2000; packet switching; IBM3745; Value Added Networks; multiple protocol routers; high speed communications, including Asynchronous Transfer Methods (ATM) and Synchronous Optical Network (SONET); GOSIP; the Internet; EPA’s standard LAN and LAN-WAN protocols including SNA, IPX, IP, and X.25; and network management systems, including NetView, Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), and Government Network Management Profile (GNMP)
- Must be familiar with local area networks, wide area networks, bridges, gateways, and routers
- Must have a working knowledge of coding and error detection methodologies
The position is located in Washington, DC. To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com
6K Systems offers a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. This package includes medical, dental, vision, life, short and long term disability insurances, and a 401(k) retirement plan.
6K Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer; all qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. EEO/M/F/D/V