At LogMeIn, we build simple and easy-to-use cloud-based, cross-platform web, mobile and desktop software products. You probably know us by such industry-defining brand names as GoToMeeting®, GoToMyPC® and Join.me®, as well as other award winning products and services. LogMeIn enables customers around the world to enjoy highly productive, mobile workstyles.
This position is part of Technology Operations Real Time Communication (RTC) Infrastructure team we design, implement, and manage the most advanced, highest quality, global audio network infrastructure through broad knowledge and skill sets, innovative mindset, and dedication to excellence. We strive to provide the most secure, reliable and resilient infrastructure; to constantly improve our customer satisfaction; and to enable LogMeIn collaboration products to be accessible flawlessly at anytime and from anywhere.
We are currently hiring a Sr. Telecom Engineer in one of our 4 US offices (Boston MA, Jersey City NJ, Mountain View CA, Santa Barbara CA). This is a great opportunity for someone who has the desire to work with teams that are passionate about lean startup principles, innovation and creating amazing customer experiences.
As a Sr. Telecom Engineer, you will support, design, extend, operate and maintain CLEC and IVP carrier-grade audio infrastructure to support the LogMeIn collaboration product line. A Sr. Telecom Engineer is expected to build a highly scalable and resilience infrastructure to provide highest quality services in the most cost effective ways. A person in this position will be required to make tactical as well as strategic decisions in a company that is continuously recognized for its world-class products!
In this position, you will:
- Work with technical management to architect telecom networks that effectively reflect business needs, service-level and availability requirements, and other technology parameters.
- Implement/support/maintain short-and long-term strategic plans to ensure telecom systems capacity meets existing and future requirements
- Develop and expand LogMeIn audio infrastructure to new markets and rate centers
- Develop implementation procedures, verifications plans, and production support documentation
- Implement network monitoring solutions for security, network capacity and performance and proactive fault monitoring
- Create and update network topology diagrams
- Configure routers, switches, load balancers and other network devices in accordance with best practices. Codify these best practices as templates and publish to the group.
- Maintain high network availability build for redundancy and resilience. Periodically test resilience by active testing.
- Define Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for operational efficiency
- Translate strategy into day to day tactical decisions.
- Document and apply guidance on industry standards to improve current environment and practices.
- Continuously investigate and recommend alternatives to bring down operational cost
- Perform security audits of the subsystems to continuously improve the security posture. Define day-to-day procedures to achieve this end.
- Ensure compliance with various audit requirements
- Provide escalated support on and off hours.
- Plan for disaster recovery both on a global and on a site by site basis
- Create reports in system wide performance metrics.
- Ensure configuration management and review is in place and rigorously being followed
- Respond to Global Customer Service (GCS) team audio escalations by diagnosing faults, opening carrier tickets where appropriate and owning the issue until returning it to GCS for relay to the customer.
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or Telecommunications. Prefer candidates with M.S. in the same field.
- At least 5 years with large telecom, CLEC or IVP carrier level experience.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of PSTN and CLEC operation, SAAS business model and business collaboration system.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with tandem switches, LERG, toll free routing and LCR.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Must be very customer oriented and eager to engage
- Able to solve complex problems by successive decomposition
- Experience juggling multiple responsibilities and prioritization of conflicting requirements
Call to Action
We believe in a world where people can experience work and life their own way. Working with LogMeIn means being part of a world-class organization. We believe the customer comes first and our job is helping to change the world we all work in. If you are ready to excel, innovate and enjoy where you work, apply to our Sr. Telecom Engineer opportunity – bring your career to LogMeIn and let your talent take you virtually anywhere!
LogMeIn simplifies how people connect with each other and the world around them to drive meaningful interactions, deepen relationships, and create better outcomes for individuals and businesses. One of the world’s top 10 public SaaS companies, and a market leader in communication & conferencing, identity & access, and customer engagement & support solutions, LogMeIn has millions of customers spanning virtually every country across the globe. LogMeIn is headquartered in Boston with additional locations across North America, Europe, Middle East, Asia and Australia.
Be Accountable - even when no-one is looking
Thrive Together - greatness comes from unlocking each other’s potential
Advance Confidently - we find opportunity and act on it
Collaborate Openly - our whole is greater than the sum of our parts
Engage Fearlessly - we speak up and listen