Sargent & Lundy is one of the most experienced full-service architect-engineering firms in the world. Founded in 1891, the firm is a global leader in power and energy with expertise in grid modernization, renewable energy, energy storage, nuclear power, and fossil fuels. Sargent & Lundy delivers comprehensive project services—from consulting, design and implementation to construction management, commissioning and operations/maintenance—with an emphasis on quality and safety. The firm serves public and private sector clients in the power and energy, gas distribution, industrial, and government sectors.
Sargent & Lundy's Core ValuesWe are a company of principled professionals guided by core values that have fundamentally shaped our business practices and culture. They provide us with guidance in the day-to-day performance of our work, and adherence to these values is our compass in all business conduct:
- Exercise uncompromising integrity and ethics in the conduct of all business
- Focus on client satisfaction in all activities
- Maintain a highly competent and satisfied staff
- Communicate openly and honestly
- Improve continuously
- This position offers the opportunity to develop the design for telecommunication systems for protective relaying and control of high voltage substation electrical equipment. This work would be performed in a project team environment with other engineers and designers involved in the detailed electrical design of utility high voltage substation projects.
- You will take an active role in project conceptualization, wor-k planning, and project execution.
- You will work on challenging assignments that include investigating and solving a wide variety of telecommunications engineering issues.
- Prepare reports and studies that present technical and project information in a clear and concise manner and meet client requirements and S&L formats.
- Develop your career via peer-learning through sharing of knowledge with other experienced engineers by way of S&L's systems of process and associated "Communities of Practice."
- In addition, you may have the opportunity to travel to client sites as needed.
Dependent upon your location, this opportunity offers a generous relocation package.
We do not sponsor employees for work authorization in the U.S. for this position.
Essential skills and experience:
- A BSEE degree from an ABET-accredited engineering program with a strong academic background and coursework in telecommunications is required.
- Five or more years of experience in the telecommunications area, preferably related to telecommunications associated with protective relaying systems in high voltage electrical utility substations. Experience should include work with fiber optic systems, substation network / LANs, SCADA, mircrowave radio, T1 / DS0 communications and associated telecommunications equipment.
- Knowledge of protective relaying systems is preferred.
- Familiarity with ANSI / IEEE/ NEMA standards as they relate to substation design. This includes the National Electrical Safety Code (ANSI - C2).
- Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple projects under budget and time constraints.
- Experience tracking project information such as: schedules and expenditures against budgets, preparing status reports and client interface.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications.
Sargent & Lundy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any protected status as defined by law.