|Job Id|| E1979981|
|Job Title||Senior Test Engineer - San Jose|
|Company - Division||Qualcomm Atheros Inc - Qualcomm Atheros|
|Job Area||Engineering - Test |
|Location||California - San Jose |
|Job Overview||Qualcomm is a company of inventors that unlocked 5G ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But this is just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5Gs potential into world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age and this is where you come in. The Senior Test Engineer is responsible for the following duties:|
- Manually carry out the Access point WLAN tests for validating WLAN functionality as per 802.11 specs.
- Build and maintain Access point WLAN testbeds and to troubleshoot and correct any issue in testbeds.
- Debug automation and testbed configuration issues
- Trigger automated WLAN tests and debug if the issue is in Setup, automation or device under test.
|All Qualcomm employees are expected to actively support diversity on their teams, and in the Company.|
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
- 2+ years Systems Test Engineering or related work experience.
- 5+ years of practical experience in WLAN, 802.11n/ac/ax testing
- Experience with networking and protocols like TCP/UDP, L2/L3 debugging.
- Experience with building WLAN testbeds, operating WLAN sniffers, iperf, chariot traffic generation tools and familiarity with Veriwave or Spirent boxes
- Lab setup and maintenance
- Ability to work in a dynamically changing environment and highly motivated to produce desired results
- Working experience with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, MS word)
- Programming skills in Python, Perl and knowledge of embedded and object oriented programming
|Education Requirements||Required: Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field|