Come join one of the leading providers of in-home ABA therapy in the area! Caravel Autism Health is growing, and we need committed, passionate individuals who share our goal of positively impacting the life of a child on the autism spectrum and their family. Our Mission: We Change Lives! If you want more than just a job, but a career where you can make an impact, then this is the job for you. Our Values: Advocacy, Clinical Commitment, Operational Excellence, Passion, Professional Development and Teamwork - all make for a great working environment!
Seniors play a critical role in fulfilling our mission. They are responsible for assessing the client’s current level of development across the various sections of the curriculum, designing client programs, writing the Individual Treatment Plan (under the direction of the Clinical Supervisor and/or Lead Therapist), and providing hands-on training and supervision for Behavior Technicians.
Applied Behavior Analysis
Autism Spectrum Disorders
Board Certified Behavior Analyst
Board Certified Assistant Behavior Analyst
Supervisory Responsibility: Supervises Behavior Technicians and Senior Interns on assigned client cases.
Travel Required: Daily travel to client homes and required meeting, with use of personal vehicle required.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to a client who exhibits physically aggressive behavior which can include kicking, pinching, punching, biting, etc. The employee may have to use appropriate behavior management techniques frequently with a client under such circumstances. Such response requires agility, quick reflexes, and the ability to use physically evasive movement. The employee will be constantly required to stand, walk, sit, grasp, reach, bend, kneel, crouch, squat, hear, type and write. In addition, the employee will be exposed to normal office conditions and usual office equipment such as phone, computer, printers, copiers, files, etc. The employee must be able to independently and repeatedly lift, move, and carry objects weighing up to thirty-five (35) lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include near, far, and field of vision. Speech must be spoken in a way in which others will understand. This position requires regular and punctual employee presence.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required, with a strong preference for degree in a human services discipline.
- At least 2,000 hours of training or supervised experience in the use of behaviorally based therapy models for children with autism spectrum disorders who meet all criteria to receive this service, OR
- A Board Certified Assistant Behavior Analyst (BCaBA) with a minimum of 400 hours of hands-on training in providing ABA services directly to children and/or adults with autism OR
- Legal authorization to perform psychotherapy, with a Master’s Degree in one of the behavioral sciences who has at least 400 hours of training or supervised experience in the use of behaviorally-based therapy models consistent with best practice and research on effectiveness for children with autism spectrum disorders.
- Must have experience working with children and adolescents, utilizing ABA therapies.
- A solid understanding of autism and behavioral principles.
- Experience utilizing applied behavior analytic strategies to modify behavior.
- Experience with functional behavior assessments and writing behavior support plans.
Skills and Competencies:
- Natural ability to interact with children, with the ability to work with a variety of children on the autism spectrum, at different functioning levels.
- Must display energy and creativity.
- Critical thinking skills, with strong analytical abilities.
- Strong work ethic, with the ability to meet scheduling commitments.
- Strong leadership skills to include conflict resolution, coaching, and training.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships. Must be able to communicate information and ideas by speaking in a way in which others will understand.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and abide by ethical guidelines and policies, including compliance with HIPAA laws and regulations. Maintain professional boundaries with clients and their families.
- Demonstrate the ability to successfully adapt and perform in an ever-changing, fast paced environment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Must be self-motivated and goal oriented.
- Must pass a thorough Background Check.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and provide proof of auto insurance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and service provider. M/F/D/V.