Weichert Title Closing Services LLC is hiring a Senior Title Examiner. The Senior Title Examiner is responsible for determining the insurability of a particular property. The position assesses risk and determines under what conditions a property may be insured. The position handles complicated issues that have a significant financial impact on the Company and provides guidance to less experienced staff on complex matters. The Senior Title Examiner also makes binding decisions relative to escrow for title-related items.
Roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Evaluates complex title and legal issues. Provides recommendations on how to best resolve the issues.
- Determines insurability of premises in question under various circumstances (i.e., short sales, mortgage foreclosure, In-lieu Tax Foreclosure, In-personam Tax Foreclosure, judgment sales, Deed-in-Lieu of Foreclosure, Estate situations, marital situations, bankruptcy complications, judgment, and various liens).
- Interfaces with the Agency’s Title Insurance Underwriter to determine insurability.
- Negotiates with the buyer’s/seller’s attorney in regard to complex title issues; establishes escrows for title-related items protecting the Agency’s Underwriter while creating a climate of acceptability for the escrow between the buyer/seller and their respective attorneys.
- Establishes an acceptable outcome and resolution of complex title issues for all parties involved in the transactions.
- Reviews and evaluates title claims and reports findings and recommendations to the Title Production Operations Manager.
- Attends “mark-up” title insurance commitment for lender and purchaser at Commercial closings.
- Interfaces with the complex issues presented by the Commercial lender’s counsel.
- Communicates effectively with attorneys, realtors, clients, underwriters, title agents, and sales force regarding all facets of the title issues.
- Performs survey readings and prepares legal descriptions from a survey print.
- Prepares title insurance commitments after evaluation of county searcher’s brief.
- Provides technical expertise, training, and guidance to less experienced staff members.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Title Insurance Producer License required
- Valid driver’s license
- Ten (10) or more years of experience in the title industry or related field
- Five (5) or more years performing senior examiner duties and responsibilities
- Previous experience with commercial closings strongly preferred
- Versed in procedures and processes of a Commercial closing, including orders of exhibits, UCC searches, and corporate status searches
- Strong understanding of the real estate and mortgage industries
- Strong understanding of real estate law
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Moderate mathematical skills including an understanding of geometry and survey coordinates
- Must be able to think logically and resolve problems quickly
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge and ability to use typical office equipment (PC, calculator, fax machine, etc.)