Bio-Rad is seeking a Senior Trade Compliance Specialist.
- Works on projects and tasks that are local and regional in scope and impact with medium to significant complexity.
- Exercises judgement with latitude to propose and implement improvements in the Trade Compliance policies.
- Supports the Global Trade Compliance and Global Logistics organization on the implementation of Global Trade Automation Systems.
- Assigns HTS classifications, Export Control Classification (ECCN) FDA import product codes and country of origin information in GTS.
- Maintains and assists with implementation of Bio-Rad’s export and import compliance procedures and work instructions.
- Performs Customs compliance audits and reports results
- Supports projects focused on improving business operations and processes.
- Subject matter expert in one or multiple areas of the law such as HTS, Origin, Valuation, Transfer Price, Free Trade
- Agreements, Duty Drawback, Free Trade Zones,
- Perform Free Trade Agreement Analysis’
- Develop presentations and effectively communicate results with recommended action plans to management.
- Uses data analysis/modeling to create new reports. Troubleshoots and modifies existing reports including Target KPIs, commodity indices, cost savings opportunities, etc.
- Partner on initiatives to support the creation of new reports, metrics and dashboards based on business needs.
- Acts as a liaison between end-users, IT and other cross functional teams and professionals in the analysis, design, configuration, testing and maintenance of systems to ensure optimal operational performance.
- Troubleshoots, reports on and tests new system/tool functionality.
- Provides necessary compliance training to operational personnel.
- Provides recommendations and implements improvements to trade compliance management.
- Identifies and documents business risks.
- Responsible for analyzing and interpreting export and import regulations and provide risk assessment and advice related to business activities.
- Identify and develop business processes to address compliance risks.
- Maintains awareness of industry and market trends through ongoing research.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in International Business, Business Administration, Business Information or related discipline.
- 7+ years in a dynamic Global Trade Compliance environment.
- Experience working in bio-pharma, medical or life science related companies.
- Knowledge of trade compliance regulations in more than one country
- Advanced quantitative skills with proficiency in data analysis (SAP/MS Access) modeling (MS Excel) and presenting (MS PowerPoint).
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and tools such as PowerBI.
- Expert knowledgeable about how to qualify items under various Free Trade agreements, Customs Reconciliation & Duty Reductions Programs.
- Advanced knowledge of US Customs Harmonized Tariff Schedule, Government Agency, Import/Export regulations (i.e. CBP, Census, FDA, USDA, BIS, EAR, OFAC).
- Strong skills in product classification-ECCN and Harmonized Tariff Classification application.
- Demonstrated experience in working in cross functional teams driving, developing and implementing Customs related procedures and work instructions.
- Multi-lingual preferred.
- Ability to explain and teach new data models and functions
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.