Bio-Rad is looking for a Senior Trade Compliance Specialist.
- Works on projects and tasks that are local and regional in scope and impact with significant complexity.
- Exercises significant judgement with latitude to propose and implement improvements in the Trade Compliance policies and processes.
- Works under minimal supervision.
- Works independently on most tasks and uses judgement regarding when to seek direction or advice.
- Performs complex work with medium to high impact with little to no supervision.
- May lead other Trade Compliance Specialists.
- Same as previous level, plus:
- Recommends, supports and implements scalable practices for the future of the organization to further enhance business measurements using statistical based analysis to drive data based conclusions.
- Provides necessary compliance training to operational personnel.
- Provides recommendations and implements improvements to trade compliance management.
- Identifies and documents business risks.
- Expertise in multiple areas of import and export laws such as HTS Classification, Country of Origin, Free Trade Agreements, Customs Valuation.
- Measures regulatory compliance of customs brokerage transactions processed by auditing transactions.
- Responsible for all compliance aspect of the business unit within a single country.
- Directly responsible for taking corrective action when there are issues with non-compliance.
- Responsible for analyzing and interpreting export and import regulations and provide risk assessment and advice related to business activities.
- Identify and develop business processes to address compliance risks
- Maintains awareness of industry and market trends through ongoing research.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in International Business, Business Administration, Business Information or related discipline.
- 7+ years database management experience.
- 7+ years in a dynamic Global Trade environment.
- Experience working in bio-pharma, medical or life science related companies.
- Knowledge of trade compliance regulations in more than one country
- Advanced quantitative skills with proficiency in data analysis (SAP/MS Access) modeling (MS Excel) and presenting (MS PowerPoint).
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and tools such as PowerBI.
- Expert knowledgeable about how to qualify items under various Free Trade agreements, Customs Reconciliation & Duty Reductions Programs.
- Advanced knowledge of US Customs Harmonized Tariff Schedule, Government Agency, Import/Export regulations (i.e. CBP, Census, BIS, EAR, OFAC).
- Strong skills in product classification-ECCN and Harmonized Tariff Classification application.
- Demonstrated experience in working in cross functional teams driving, developing and implementing Customs related procedures and work instructions.
- Ability to explain and teach new data models and functions.
- Customs Broker license or equivalent certifications preferred
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.