The role of Training Engineer focuses on preparing for and delivering highly technical training programs on MathWorks products as they relate to common customer applications. Primary areas of instruction include MATLAB and data analytics. The successful Training Engineer will build on his/her experiences in data science to understand customer workflows and effectively get them ramped up on using our products.
We are open to any of the following locations: Natick, MA, Novi, MI, Plano, TX, or Torrance, CA.
The primary responsibilities of the Training Engineer position include:
- Delivering courses on MathWorks products with the aim of ensuring successful customer adoption
- Working with customers to gather requirements and developing customized curricula for a variety of technical fields
- Providing feedback through reports and systems to our development and sales organizations based on classroom observations
- Identifying and implementing classroom delivery improvements based on student evaluations
- Providing feedback and assistance in the creation or update of course material
- Staying current on new product features and messaging to include in the delivery of courses
- Travel is expected to average two weeks per month (up to 50%)
- A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree) is required.
- MS or PhD in Engineering required
- Passion for teaching
- Background in Electrical Engineering with a specialization in image processing or computer vision
- Experience with machine learning, neural networks or statistical analysis strongly preferred
- Exposure to ADAS, multi-sensor data fusion or path planning algorithms a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Teaching or TA experience a plus
- Experience using MATLAB and Simulink
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.