VHB’s growing Transportation practice is seeking a Senior Transportation Project Manager to join our Worcester, MA office.
VHB’s passionate professionals include engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with public and private clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Together, we work to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
Our team uses its skills and experience to improve our communities with a sustainable, context-driven and integrated project delivery approach. Our clients include private developers, academic medical centers, high education institutions, municipalities, MassDOT and other state agencies, and other partners who support the development of the places we live, work, recreate and learn.
- Participate in project and business development for key private development firms, healthcare and higher educational institutions, municipalities and transportation agencies within New England
- Work directly with client points of contact
- Independently execute project scope, schedule/budget, and the development of project deliverables
- Conduct multimodal transportation analyses with the ability to focus on complex urban settings, municipal centers, and institutional campuses
- Assist in the preparation of corridor and intersection planning studies and master plans, particularly as it relates to the development of Complete Streets alternatives
- Lead defined project teams that would include combinations of mid-level and junior level staff
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Ability to problem solve and think creatively
- Ability to manage multiple assignments and mentor junior staff
- Strong leadership skills
- MS Office suite
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suites products preferred
- Data management and GIS experience is preferred
- BS in Civil/Transportation Engineering, Urban Planning or related field; MS preferred
- 15+ years of professional transportation planning experience
- PE & PTOE certification required
Please submit applications online.
At VHB, we’re invested in what we do, compelled by intellectual curiosity, and driven to work collectively to best serve our clients and help shape the future of our communities in a meaningful way. We are dedicated to making a positive impact and providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally.