WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Senior Treasury Analyst - Atlanta, GA
1000 Abernathy Rd, NE
Atlanta, Georgia, 30328
Senior Treasury Analyst, Global Treasury and Operations – WestRock
We are seeking a Treasury professional with skills working in a complex global treasury and cash management function who is willing to support efforts required to comply with projects around tax and intercompany activities, receivables debt related audits and reporting, , international treasury and other project support, treasury technology initiatives, working capital projects as well as day to day Treasury operations support. The Treasury Senior Treasury Analyst shall bring an extreme focus on results, innovation, and a high service orientation. The candidate is expected to work well in a changing and continuous improvement environment. The Senior Treasury Analyst will directly report to the Senior Treasury Manager.
The Senior Treasury Analyst will partner with the Assistant Treasurer(s), Treasurer, Finance Senior Management, and other functions across the company to drive efficiency and positive change within the organization. Previous individuals in this similar role have been promoted to other areas of Finance. Talented candidates will have opportunities to consider upward mobility within Treasury and greater Finance as a part of a possible career development opportunity.
How you will impact WestRock:
- We are seeking a Senior Treasury Analyst, to be responsible for providing cash management and analytical support for WestRock’s Treasury activity. This position will report to the Senior Treasury Manager and have significant interaction with individuals and senior management across the organization
- The qualified candidate will bring a demonstrated ability to understand finance, tax and accounting topics and theory, and possess strong analytical thought processes, problem solving skills, research skills, and strong computer modeling experience
- The qualified candidate will demonstrate intellectual curiosity, a strong ability to multi-task, attention to detail, strong sense of urgency and the potential to grow with the company and take on greater responsibilities in the future if desired
- Assist in interest rate and foreign exchange exposure management
- Support intercompany financing portfolio including projects around future consolidation
- Provide support for company accounts receivables debt reporting and audit activities
- Work cross functionally on various international, corporate finance, tax, accounting, and other projects
- Provide support for managing the global bank, payment and treasury management system administration
- Provide support of company liquidity through daily cash and debt positioning for all global bank accounts
- Identify and implement activities that reduce treasury cost and expenses. Report monthly bank fees and implement bank fee software
- Support company working capital programs
- Adhere to all SOX controls, and self-testing for bank account control, debt, pension, FX and derivatives
Required Expertise and Skillsets:
The Sr. Treasury Analyst must have strong financial acumen, possess technical knowledge of treasury functions, be capable to serve as a back-up for U.S. Treasury operations and provide support for routine tax reporting requirements. Must be a self-confident and motivated individual who understands the role of Treasury, Tax, Legal and FP&A functions to better support our business operations. The candidate must demonstrate qualities including strategic vision, collaboration, accountability, and innovation. In addition, the candidate must possess the following experience and attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, mathematics, statistics, finance, or accounting
- 2-5 years minimum of large multi-national corporate treasury experience including international cash management or other banking experience
- Advance Excel, modeling, and technical abilities required. Experience in leveraging technology is highly preferable. Examples include: working with a treasury workstation and prior experience with ERP (Bellin Tm5, JDEdwards and Hyperion preferred)
- Experience in understanding of complex transactions and analytics, notional pooling, FX trading, risk management, tax, legal, international corporate finance, and capital markets
- Ability to work independently, with minimal daily supervision, taking ownership of your work, initiatives, and meeting daily, monthly and annual requirements
- Ability to work as an effective team member to meet objectives of the department. Desire to develop as a professional, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, commitment to continuous process improvement, and maintaining knowledge of developments in the treasury and banking environments
- Demonstrated ability to prepare concise, efficient analysis of financial data to senior management
- The individual will need to be highly organized and have very high attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Cultural fit within WestRock’s values of integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies, and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.