Cvent, Inc. (www.cvent.com) is the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software for meetings and event management. Our platform of products includes software to manage and facilitate online event registration, meeting site selection, event management, e-mail marketing and web surveys. We also develop mobile apps for both corporate and consumer events. Founded in 1999, we currently have over 3000+ talented and dedicated employees and are headquartered just outside of Washington, D.C., in McLean, Virginia, with additional U.S. offices in Portland, Oregon; Austin, Texas, and Los Angeles, California. Internationally we have offices in New Delhi, India, and London, England. Cvent has received a number of awards and honors recognizing our strong company culture, innovative products, stellar customer service and support, visionary leadership and investment in our employees. We currently have job openings across all departments and locations and are looking to add valuable team members to further strengthen the company’s DNA.
Do you enjoy working in a collaborative, team oriented environment?
Do you enjoy creating innovative, long lasting solutions?
Are you passionate about design, development and technology?
If you answered yes, then you should keep reading!
We are looking for someone who is curious, a problem solver at heart and can help our technology team design and develop innovative solutions to solve complex user experiences problems. The ideal candidate is a proactive self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Define, code, test and deploy new features with an emphasis on extensibility and performance.
- Work cross functionally with the Product Management, UX Design, and Engineering and Quality Assurance teams.
Skills & Qualifications
- 4+ years’ work experience plus 4-year degree required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Must have experience working in an agile software development environment.
Must have expert level proficiency in each of the following areas:
- Authoring XHTML, HTML4 or HTML5. Bonus for knowing the differences between them.
- Authoring CSS using CSS pre-processors like LESS or SASS.
- Version control systems such as Git or Subversion.
- Experience applying Flux methodologies or implementing Redux for application architecture a plus.
- Demonstrated proficiency at Accessibility best practices and experience at authoring user interfaces that conform to WCAG 2.0 AA Accessibility standards a plus.
- Must have a demonstrated history of translating high fidelity mockups into functional user experiences and interfaces with a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required as you will be coordinating with a myriad of stakeholders including, UX Design and UI Development team members, Product Management, Engineers and QA.