The User Experience (UX) team is a key part of ClubLabs. We are responsible for the quality of the member experience across all of AAA’s digital products. We are in the middle of building out the UX competency across the organization and we’re looking for new team members to help us build something meaningful.
The Native Mobile Designer works to define intuitive user interfaces and interactions for AAA’s Auto Club mobile app. The best candidates will have several years of experience collaborating in cross-functional teams to define, design, develop, test, and launch iOS and Android apps.
- Translate complex business requirements and user goals into intuitive user interfaces and interactions.
- Create user journeys, static wireframes, and interactive prototypes.
- Work with the User Experience Lead and Product Managers to execute the mobile user experience strategy.
- Work directly with the Android and iOS Developers to implement designs.
- Extend and maintain a global style guide and reusable pattern libraries for Android and iOS.
- Work on multiple projects at one time.
- Perform whatever tasks your team needs to be completed.
- 6 to 8 years of experience designing digital solutions in an enterprise environment.
- 2+ years of experience collaborating with cross-functional teams in fast-paced, agile environments.
- 2+ years of experience designing user interfaces and interactions for Android and iOS apps.
- A portfolio of work demonstrating a strong sense of visual design, interaction design, information design, and information architecture.
- A strong understanding of the technical constraints that apply to designing user interfaces and interactions for Android and iOS apps.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to justify design decisions and articulate alternative design approaches.
- Proven ability to work cross-team and synthesize feedback and input from stakeholders.
- Solid organizational, time management, and prioritization skills.
- Experience with industry tools such as Sketch, Figma, Zeplin, Invision, PivotalTracker, and Jira.
- Four year Bachelor’s degree in Design, Human Computer Interaction (HCI), or equivalent education and professional experience as a user interface and interaction designer.
AAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Automobile Club of Southern California will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable federal, state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.