Job Title: Web Front End Developer (Remote - Telecommute), US. JO# 18363
Cherokee Nation System Solutions (CNSS) provides a complete line of innovative services, consulting and products to government agencies, including application modernization, data utilization and advanced analytics, geospatial, GIS and remote sensing, information technology infrastructure, program professional services and scientific and research capabilities. CNSS offers an extensive selection of quality services and products at competitive prices. Additionally, CNSS collaborates with partners nationwide to provide even the most complex services to clients.
For more company information, visit our site at: www.cherokee-federal.com
CNSS is looking for a Front-End Developer (UI/UX) to construct effective user interfaces for the USDA Federal Grain Inspection Services. The successful candidate will work closely with our web development and software design teams to update and create internal web tools and web pages to make them more efficient. The front-end developer will also be responsible for creating innovative solutions to web design issues to help make the website more visually appealing and enhance usability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following:
- Translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Implement responsive web design principles to ensure that customer's website renders well across multiple browsers and devices
- Assist in the development of applications and features that will be put on the website and in internal functions as well
- Ensure all data is validated at the front end and pass this data to the C# backend via Ajax calls
- Work effectively in an Agile Scrum environment
- Creatively solve problems, leverage new tools, implement cutting edge solutions
- Contribute to our collective brain power through innovation and peer review
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years of Kendo UI experience
- jQuery, Ajax, Bootstrap 4+, Gulp, SASS/Less
- UI/UX design experience
- 1+ years of C#
- 2+ years of MVC
- 1+ years of recent Microsoft Visual Studio or similar IDE
- 508 Compliance knowledge is required
- Blazor development is a plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent critical thinking and communications skills both oral and written
- Ability to pass a federal background check and drug screen to obtain a USDA Linc Pass
- Focus and independent drive to complete tasks
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
100% remote at your location.
With $400 million in annual revenue, more than 3000 employees and nearly 1,000 federal projects for more than 60 government agencies in 26 countries, 50 states and 2 territories, Cherokee Nation Businesses' (CNB) team of companies are well positioned to deliver the expertise needed to solve the world's most pressing issues. Together, CNB's companies provide an array of services - from applications and data services to cybersecurity and national defense - for 12 of the 15 Cabinet departments.
Why consider Cherokee Nation Businesses? The following links can help you learn more about what we do and the many great reasons to join our team!
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites: EEO Statement | EEO Poster; https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may email "CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com" for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and paste the following link: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision; https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf
We maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for the purpose of proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request, we will schedule time to make our Affirmative Action Plan accessible. If you are interested, please submit a written request with the email subject line: 2019 Request to View Affirmative Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com
This email box is not for resumes or follow up on job applications.