Senior Ultrasound Engineer - Bothell, WA
FUJIFILM, Sonosite, Inc . We are an innovative and high performance culture with tremendous opportunities. People who work here are given the unique opportunity to contribute to the advancement of healthcare throughout the world. Headquartered in Bothell, WA USA, FUJIFILM Sonosite is represented by a global distribution network in over 100 countries. Since its inception, FUJIFILM Sonosite’s lightweight, robust products have created and led the point-of-care ultrasound market. From sophisticated urban hospital emergency rooms to clinics in austere, remote villages, FUJIFILM Sonosite systems are used by over 21 medical specialties and provide clinicians around the world with a cost-effective tool for improving patient safety and workflow efficiency. FUJIFILM Sonosite holds a number of prestigious design awards and has in excess of 145 patents.
The Sr. Ultrasound Engineer designs the signal path for imaging modes and features for current and future Ultrasound platforms, then oversees their development. The Sr. Ultrasound Engineer is also responsible for optimizing the image quality on our transducers from input to transducer design to optimization of processing parameters; this includes the use and development of tools, methods, and infrastructure to tune and host those parameters. Finally, the Sr. Ultrasound Engineer participates in and/or leads cross-functional integration activities. This engineer will interface with transducer, systems, hardware, software, mechanical, and manufacturing engineering as well as clinical specialists and product management to propose ultrasound solutions that are practical and manufacturable, meet customer needs, and align with company strategy. The Sr. Ultrasound Engineer also works with all engineering disciplines to specify and facilitate design and integration of next generation products. Previous in depth ultrasound experience is highly desirable.
Essential Job Functions:
- Contribute to or lead system architecture definition, documentation, and simulations
- Develop and implement new signal path algorithms
- Work with transducer engineering to integrate new transducers onto the ultrasound system
- Work with clinical product specialists to optimize transducers for particular clinical applications
- Develop imaging modes and techniques that benefit the POC market
- Develop software tools for image optimization and data analysis
- Conduct transducer trade studies
- Develop, perform, and document transducer and feature integration tests
Secondary Job Functions:
- Responsible and accountable for carrying out the requirements of the company's quality system.
- Participate in development of new workflow automation algorithms
- Propose, define, and execute feasibility projects
- Contribute to the expansion of the company’s IP portfolio
- Estimate, schedule, and drive feature and transducer optimization delivery
Knowledge and Work Experience:
- MS or PhD Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Physics or related field, and 3 years of relevant industry experience (medical ultrasound imaging experience preferred) OR
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Physics or related field and 5-7 years of relevant industry experience (medical ultrasound imaging experience preferred)
- Expertise in ultrasound physics, signal and image processing, transducer optimization, simulation, algorithm development, and tool development
- Extensive experience in product development from conception to release
- ISO, FDA or other regulated industry training and experience
Skills and Abilities:
- Track record of ownership in leading-edge product development
- Strong analytical skills; strategic thinker
- Ability to perform independent product-focused research and create succinct report of findings, producing publications and/or patents
- Ability and enthusiasm to lead in a fast-paced, collaborative, small-team environment
- Skilled at one or more high-level programming languages
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with other Engineering groups and throughout the company
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, small team environment with minimal supervision.
- Flexibility in work hours required to meet program completion dates (overtime may be required).
FUJIFILM Sonosite, Inc. offers a fantastic compensation package, including benefits, and a 401k program. Visit us today to learn more about our exciting technologies and how you can make a difference. To apply and obtain further details regarding key responsibilities and experience requirements, check out our careers page at www.Sonosite.com/careers.
FUJIFILM Sonosite, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act, should you have a disability that requires assistance and / or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources department via phone at 425-951-1200, or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org . Additionally, the affirmative program/plan is available for review upon formal request by employees and applicants for employment in the Human Resources office during regular office hours.