Senior Underwriter, Life Sciences(
The Reverse-Flow Underwriter will be responsible for reviewing and evaluating renewal and new, global business accounts in accordance with established underwriting guidelines. The candidate will work on US admitted accounts of all sizes. Lines of business include General Liability, Property, Automobile, Worker’s Compensation and Umbrella. The candidate will work closely with Chubb Overseas General and Canadian underwriters as well as US brokers to coordinate pricing, coverage, terms and conditions as part of a global controlled master program. The candidate will provide account management services that will integrate the US coverage into a worldwide controlled master insurance program. The candidate will be responsible for conducting renewal review and development of new business for the Chubb Overseas General and Canadian branches assigned. The candidate must be able to work effectively and collaborate with a team of underwriters, underwriting associates, operations, claims and loss control personnel worldwide. The underwriter will be responsible for building relationships with US brokers and international underwriters. The position may require periodic travel, in the US and abroad.
The above position requires a strong service orientation to facilitate positive relationships with brokers as well as our international colleagues. The potential candidate should have solid knowledge of commercial underwriting and insurance industry practices. He/she should also demonstrate technical expertise in Property and Casualty lines of business. In addition, the individual should possess the following skills/qualities:
- 3-7 years underwriting US admitted Life Sciences package, general liability, property, automobile, worker’s compensation and umbrella.
- Demonstrated strong technical acumen in Property and Casualty lines of business
- Ability to adapt to changing business environment
- Demonstrate ability to think creatively
- Proven time and desk management skills
- Strong (verbal and written) communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Ability to work independently, show initiative, while demonstrating strong collaboration skills in a team environment
- Solid organizational and analytical skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite as well as other business-related software
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- The ideal candidate will have minimum of 3 years underwriting US Life Sciences package, general liability, property, automobile, worker’s compensation and umbrella.
- We are looking for a person with a strong business acumen, including but not limited to, the ability to interact effectively with internal and external business partners and adapt to a changing market.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran, or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success.
Basking Ridge 07920