Our client is looking for a Senior Unix Administrator who will be responsible for installation, configuration and management of all Solaris UNIX network servers running on a SUN/Oracle hardware platform. The candidate must have strong experience with racking and installation of physical servers in an enterprise Data Center environment and expert knowledge on Oracle server hardware. Working knowledge on installing Oracle Solaris 11 and Red Hat Linux operating systems onto servers and configure domains on T5/T7 server or VMware. Installation of Oracle database binary and configuration of Veritas File System and Cluster software in a Solaris 10/11 environment. Strong knowledge of SAN storage and UNIX based database backup and restoration. The candidate will also be working with a team of five (5) DBAs and a system administrator and will be reporting to the manager of the UNIX Database Administration group.
- Physical Oracle server installation, mostly T5 and T7 series, in an Enterprise Data Center environment.
- Installation and configuration of Solaris operating systems and Logical domains on the servers.
- Utilize system monitoring tools to monitor and troubleshoot server issues.
- Server management, including IP address assignment, SAN connectivity and patching.
- Configuration of Veritas File System and ZFS file system and Veritas VCS clustering software for system failover.
- Writing UNIX Shell scripts to manage and automate server processes.
- Work with DBA on Oracle database installation and configuration.
- Monitor all UNIX database backup and restore operation.
- Working knowledge of Oracle Solaris 10/11 and Red Hat Linux
- Strong experience with physical Oracle server installation
- Experience with Oracle domains
- Experience with Veritas File system and VCS
- Strong scripting experience using UNIX Shell
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as strong documentation and organization skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field