What's cool about this job
The Senior User Experience Designer contributes to an improved customer experience on www.rei.com and mobile properties by leading the execution and furthering the development of REI's digital user experience strategy. The ideal candidate excels at using customer feedback, UX best practices, and competitive analysis to determine appropriate user/process flows and page interaction.
- Leads user experience improvements and recommendations
- Uses customer feedback, user experience best practices, and competitive analysis to design appropriate user flows and customer experiences for maximum usability and customer satisfaction
- Helps lead and define the digital user experience strategy
- Works on more complex projects where new experiences need to be designed or complex user flows need to be understood and accounted for
- Leads meetings or other efforts to gather requirements and define user experience solutions
- Provides recommendations on needed standards or other opportunities to ensure work across multiple streams fits brand guidelines and provides a consistent user experience
- Works with insights and analytics to develop and promote recommendations for user experience improvements within a project or stream
- Responsible for training and assisting user experience contractors
Bring your passion and expertise
- 5 years in user experience or closely-related fields.
- Deep understanding of user-centered design methods and techniques
- 3 years experience in user research, including conducting usability tests
- Strong knowledge of UX deliverables such as site maps, wireframes, flow charts personas, functional specifications, and style guides
- Strong knowledge of related disciplines such as information architecture, interaction design and brand communications
- Previous design experience with smart phones and tablets
- Previous experience working via agile methodologies
- Previous eCommerce design experience strongly preferred
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams to promote open communication and teamwork
Why you'll love it here
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 17 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place. With more than 130 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 11,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more. REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.