18-21502 - Senior User Experience Designer, GPO
Wolters Kluwer Global Platform Organization co-creates products and solutions with Wolters Kluwer businesses around the globe to serve professionals in the Legal, Tax, Heath, Finance and Compliance sectors. This wide and growing array of solutions supports business units in building and expanding their online product portfolios. The Global Platform Organization provides global leverage of industry and customer insight, driving technology capabilities for local product innovation.
We are looking for self-motivate and passionate Senior User Experience Designer to join the dynamic team delivering our next generation digital sales and marketing (DSM) capabilities across Wolters Kluwer. As part of this initiative we will centralize our global DSM capabilities on a modern, best-in-class platform and leverage this platform to rapidly mature our global DSM capabilities. The role will report into our Global Platforms Organization (GPO) to the Vice President of User Experience with a matrixed reporting line to the Director of Digital Transformation in the Corporate Strategy team.
You will be creating understanding and empathy around user needs, stated and unstated, for the entire product team including UX designers, product managers, and engineers. You will guide the product team in key decision making from identifying the key user needs to the end of the envisioning process, followed by continuous usability testing of existing or newly build applications. You will do so by conducting primary research, exploring the behaviors and motivations of our users through methods like field visits, ethnography, surveys, usability testing, and logs analysis. Your research and coaching will help us create useful, usable, and delightful new products and features for people as well as continually innovating on our existing products.
* Web CMS (Web Content Management systems) experience, and SiteCore is being used currently for this purpose.
* Drive the UX/UI vision by applying formative research methods that yield user insights to help inform product design.
* Work as a member of one or more Agile scrum teams. Develop UX stories for the team backlog, work with Product Owners and other team leads to ensure that UX stories are appropriately shaped and sized, and that the output of each story is engineerable.
* Work with key editorial, product, marketing and technology stakeholders to create a consistent experience across platforms that is in alignment with corporate branding.
* Communicate the user experience at various stages of the design process by making compelling designs and concepts expressed visually through user personas, journey mapping, flow diagrams, wireframes, design prototypes, and other design deliverables
* Design and implement formal and informal user research methods in order to proactively seek user input on solution ideas and designs
* Review designs implemented by others to ensure UX quality standards are met
* Performs other duties assigned by manager. Position requires some travel, domestic and possibly international, on a regular basis, comprising no more than 25% of total days worked.
* Bachelor's degree in Interaction Design, Visual Design, Human Factors (or equivalent work experience)
* 5 years of UX/UI experience in designing web application solutions to complex business problems/processes
* Experience with UX designs for marketing professionals working with content creation and management applications is desired, but not a must.
* Demonstrated experience in applying formative research methods to understand user's behaviors and motivations
* Exceptional understanding of fundamental interaction design and usability principles
* Proficiency in design, wireframing, and prototyping tools e.g., Sketch; Invisionapp; Abstract
* Possess a relentless attention to detail with the ability to quickly grasp and distill highly complex matters
* Collaborative team player with the ability to brainstorm well with others (designers, engineers, and product managers) and give and take constructive feedback
* Experience working as a team member in Agile/Scrum development process.
* Demonstrated experience getting engineerable UX designs to "Done" within a sprint framework.
* Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
* Visual design skills with ability to demonstrate excellent use of typography, color, imagery, layout, and graphic elements
Wolters Kluwer N.V. (AEX: WKL) is a global leader in information services and solutions for professionals in the health, tax and accounting, risk and compliance, finance and legal sectors. We help our customers make critical decisions every day by providing expert solutions that combine deep domain knowledge with specialized technology and services.
Wolters Kluwer reported 2017 annual revenues of €4.4billion. The company, headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands, serves customers in over 180 countries, maintains operations in over 40 countries and employs 19,000 people worldwide. Wolters Kluwer shares are listed on Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices.
For more information about our solutions and organization, visit www.wolterskluwer.com, follow us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Wolters Kluwer U. S. Corporation and all of its subsidiaries, divisions and customer/business units is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled