Join our Innovative Team
Want to do more than just imagine the ways our world will move tomorrow? Join the technology company that's transforming the future of mobility today.
About this Position
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Architect, Data Engineering Platform located in our Troy, MI office. This position will define, optimize and analyze the required data to validate Aptiv's active safety systems.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Engineer highly reliable, modular, scalable, consistently evolutionary vehicle system components for the Safety Electronics Data Platform that grows with meaningful technology trends while taking into account cost and deployment efficiency to cater to the explicit and implicit customer needs of its diverse user base. This platform will form the basis of Aptiv's data management and engineering needs.
- Comprehensively identify and robustly execute on system and subsystem requirements to ensure sustained operational efficiency across all vehicle system components and interface to network components and back-office enterprise components
- Work with Architects, Vehicle Systems Engineers, Back-office Systems Engineers and Data Engineers to drive the execution of a successful solution that addresses the organization's data engineering needs
- Ensure all data exchange over every vehicle BUS is executed robustly, efficiently and reliably and common data formats are defined as warranted
- Ensure all system component interfaces are defined as standard and efficient APIs for modular deployment of different components as needed
- Ensure that the system thus developed can reliably sustain a growing list of solutions for data logging, tools and analytics algorithms to cater to the organization's internal and external data analytics needs
- Ensure robust performance of the most ambitious data analytics algorithm suites
- Ensure an intuitive user interface for all vehicle system solutions built on the data platform
- Ensure highly secure read-write access to all system components
- Develop a robust test suite to ensure that vehicle system requirements will continue to be met under high performance needs
- Leverage off-the shelf enterprise solutions as needed and custom solutions when warranted to meet system architecture needs
- Work with their EGMs and Chiefs to develop strategy and implement plans with Aptiv's High Performance Compute Cluster Team, Aptiv's Mobile Data Analytics Systems Team and Aptiv's Tools Teams for effective collection, storage, retention, confidentiality and privacy
- Support Aptiv's Data Monetization and Machine Learning Teams' efforts with clear data capabilities to enable their success
Need to Haves (Basic Requirements)
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or a Hard Science
- 5+ years of experience in Systems Architecture involving one or more of the following, ideally all: embedded vehicle components, wireless network/cloud components, back-office enterprise server components
- 5+ years experience working with diverse embedded OSs, e.g. Windows, Unix, Linux
- 5+ years of hands-on Automotive Electronic Control Unit System and Software design, development and validation experience, preferably for complex systems e.g. Active Safety, Passive Safety, Infotainment, Telematics, Powertrain
- 5+ years of in-depth, hands-on experience designing and executing on embedded vehicle ECU components after deliberate cost/benefit analysis on options to meet customer requirements
- 5+ years of in-depth solution development working with a variety of vehicle BUS types, including but not limited to CAN, Ethernet
- 3+ years of complex scripting and embedded code development, in languages such as Python, Perl, Ruby, Bash, Matlab, C/C++, etc.
- 3+ years of developing systems that host applications leveraging the latest, most effective statistical packages and Artificial Intelligence techniques and architectures, (e.g. but not limited to Regression, Clustering, Decision Trees, Bayesian techniques, Supervised and Unsupervised Learning, etc.) with verifiably superior results
Nice to Haves (Preferred Requirements)
- MS or PhD Degree in Engineering or a Hard Science preferred
- 3+ years executing on solutions related to Big Data Analytics and Artificial Intelligence Algorithms in any capacity: architecture, infrastructure, algorithms, etc.
- 2+ years of experience working with safety products
- 3+ years of experience executing on long and short range wireless components
- 5+ years presentation and communication skills, both oral and written to all levels of audiences
- 8+ years of adherence to tight product development timelines, creativity and efficiency under pressure
Traits we seek
- Curiously investigate everything - ability to solve problems analytically, creatively and collaboratively
- Lead with confidence - thought leaders who empower those around them
- Learn by doing - an entrepreneurial mindset that's driven by hands-on experimentation
- Embrace resilience - seeing every challenge as a learning opportunity and invitation to grow
Aptiv Rewards and Advantages
- Competitive compensation with bonus potential
- Competitive health benefits
- 401K with matching contribution
- Learning and development opportunities
- Discount programs with various manufacturers and retailers
- Recognition for innovation and excellence
- Opportunities to give back to the community
- Meaningful work that makes a difference in the world
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)
About Advanced Safety and User Experience
Advanced Safety and User Experience encompasses our deep expertise in software, centralized computing platforms, advanced safety systems and automated driving focusing on five areas that are transforming mobility: Safety Electronics, Infotainment, User Experience, Autonomous Driving and Connectivity & Security.
Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply Online Ready to take the first step?