Global Strategy Group works at the intersection of business, politics, and causes. Our team has successfully led communications and public affairs campaigns for clients across various industries. We are seeking a Senior Vice President to join our Communications & Public Affairs practice to help grow our Seattle office.
The SVP is a strategic communications expert with demonstrated depth of knowledge and expertise across a variety of industries. The ideal candidate will work with the leadership team to attract new business and grow existing accounts, ensure consistent delivery of excellent client service and work product, and attract, retain and mentor top talent. Further, this role requires an individual who can combine a solid understanding of the communications and public affairs industry with creative selling skills to forge relationships, identify opportunities, and sell services with a wide variety of clients across various industry sectors.
Client Service and Strategy
- Serve as a senior leader in the firm, managing client engagements and providing strategic counsel to senior executives at client organizations
- Supervise the development and implementation of strategic communications initiatives that incorporate traditional and digital communications channels and platforms, as well as integrate earned, owned, and paid media
- Knows and has strong relationships with national and local media to pitch stories, shape coverage, and inform elite opinion
- Coordinate the creation of a wide range of client-facing materials, including strategic memos, presentations, media materials, and social media content
- Represent the practice and firm at relevant conferences and events; network with industry leaders, clients and prospective clients; and seek appropriate thought leadership and speaking opportunities to contribute to marketing the firm with an eye to ROI
New Business Development
- Play a leading role in new business development efforts including prospecting, relationship management, and pitch and proposal development. The SVP will be able to identify and sign new clients, demonstrate an entrepreneurial approach and strong network to grow business, and is comfortable and familiar with business development processes (research, in-person meetings, proposals, pitches, etc.)
- Responsible for specific sales and revenue targets at the start of each year, developing and maintaining target lead list each quarter, and accountable for working with the Practice Leader and GSG Marketing and Business Development team to achieve business goals
Team and Firm Leadership
- Manage budgets; monitor utilization of team members to ensure effective and efficient application of firm resources
- Begin to take increasing accountability for managing the P&L and meeting/exceeding top and bottom line goals, in concert with Practice Leader
- Contribute to the professional development and mentorship of junior staff
- Play an active role in recruiting talent for the team
- Direct the activities and work product of mid-level and junior team members
- Exhibit strong leadership skills as senior strategic counsel within GSG and serve in a leadership role in firm-wide projects/initiatives, as appropriate
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 15+ years of prior experience in strategic communications or public affairs within corporate, government, advocacy, or politics
- Experience managing strategic communications engagements with, and on behalf of, high-profile individuals, in addition to a range of clients in both the private and public sector
- Excellent reputation and proven track record of growing existing client engagements and winning new business, including engaging one’s own network to establish and develop leads that result in new business success
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong organization, prioritization and project management skills
- Demonstrated experience leading teams and managing operations, as well as managing and mentoring junior staff
- Ability to juggle multiple shifting priorities while maintaining a high-quality work product in concert with long- term client and company goals
- Experience devising and managing integrated communications campaigns that include earned, owned, and paid media components
- Experienced strategist, tactician, and leader who has led multi-faceted campaigns that involve communications, research, grassroots, and grasstops organizing
- Experience working in an agency environment is highly preferred
About Global Strategy Group, LLC.
Honored to be named Public Affairs Agency of the Year by The Holmes Report, Global Strategy Group is distinguished by their depth of talent, influential clients, and winning track record. Battle-tested in the trenches of corporate reputation management and political campaigns, they bring unrivaled commitment to every assignment.
Their culture of independence, integrity, and responsiveness established by their co-founders two decades ago drives their team of nearly 100 smart, strategic, and creative professionals today.
Their clients—which include Fortune 100 companies, national political leaders, associations and nonprofits—rely on them for candid guidance and fast, effective execution. They provide a combination of critical thinking and on- the-ground results that many other firms talk about, but few deliver.
Global Strategy Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At GSG, they are distinguished by their depth of talent. Their people are team players, straight shooters and problem solvers. They bring passion, energy and drive to everything we do. This all comes from their closely-held firm values, which have guided them since the day GSG opened its doors. They are committed to ensuring that their workplace provides a diverse, inclusive, and culturally rich atmosphere and are always looking for talented individuals to add to their culture.
They do not discriminate against any applicant for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to: race, religion or creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, uniform service member status, or any other protected class under federal, state or local statute.