WW is looking for candidates to help change people’s lives. We are a global wellness technology company inspiring millions of people to adopt healthy habits for real life. We do this through engaging digital experiences, face-to-face workshops and consultations and sustainable programs that encourage people to move more, shift their mindset and eat healthier while enjoying the foods they love. By drawing on over five decades of experience and expertise in behavioral science, we build communities in order to deliver wellness for all.
We have an exciting opportunity for a passionate Senior Visual Designer to help establish and evangelize our design system for the Product Design team and across the organization. You’ll help deliver our award-winning program to millions of members and illuminate our new purpose of inspiring healthy habits for real life through your designs for our mobile app and website.
Working with our remarkably talented team of Experience Researchers, Product Designers and other Visual Designers, you’ll execute against a vision that builds upon WW’s rich history and takes our brand and digital product offerings forward.
You’ll collaborate with engineers, product managers and data scientists in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving, exponentially growing Health & Wellness space. You’ll work on the things that matter to everyone in day-to-day life, stay connected to the human experience and work on problems that make an immediate meaningful impact.
Goals / Deliverables:
- Audit design patterns across the experience
- Create designs system in Figma as we transition from Sketch
- Account for patterns that need to be specific to iOS, Android, or Web
- Document patterns and rationale and publish to public facing website
- Maintain and evolve design system over time, accounting for member and business needs
- Develop processes and advocate for consistency
- Work autonomously
- Collaborate with the core Foundations Product Management, Product Design, and Engineering team to establish, evangelize, and evolve our design system for our iOS, Android and web experiences.
- Partner with stakeholders across the organization to ensure the design system meets the needs of our members, our brand, and our business
- Create, manage, and own the design library, including documentation, guidelines, and related communications
- Contribute to Design Critiques, work with other designers to ensure a cohesive experience, and mentor more junior designers
- Work with the brand team to provide a northstar vision and evolve our visual and motion language
- Keep up with design and broader tech trends and knowing when to bring them in or develop our own vision
- You have a rich understanding of the end-to-end product design processes. You know appropriate methods to inform a design system
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- You have an expert understanding of visual design principles (proportion, hierarchy, balance, contrast, etc.)
- You have advanced skills in typography, layout, interaction design, etc.
- You’ve shipped highly interactive, consumer facing products.
- You think holistically and strategically to see the bigger picture and work to deliver extensible solutions
- You know best practices for mobile and web-based design, as well as usability principles and techniques
- You’re able to influence testing strategy and turn data into insights.
- You know when to use existing patterns and when to design new ones
- You can work within an established brand look and feel and know when to push the boundaries
- You have experience in standard design tools such as Sketch and Figma.
- You crave and actively seek out feedback early and often from a variety of disciplines and perspectives
- Ideally have motion capabilities
WW is an equal opportunity employer. WW does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the satisfactory results of reference and background checks.