POSITION: Water/Wastewater Senior Engineer II
POSTION LOCATION: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Baxter & Woodman has a rewarding opportunity for a full-time Water/Wastewater Senior Engineer II in our Fort Lauderdale, FL office. The position will be in our Water/Wastewater Group. The Water/Wastewater Senior Engineer II will be responsible for managing projects, developing business, serving clients and designing pump stations, water and wastewater projects. The successful applicant will be provided with a rewarding combination of project management, business development and design assignments as well as excellent career development opportunities.
- Desired candidate will be given a rewarding opportunity to expand Baxter & Woodman’s position in South Florida. More specifically, in the Broward County service area.
- Design of potable water and wastewater pipelines and pumping stations
- Evaluation and study of water and wastewater treatment plants
- Preparation of potable water and wastewater master planning reports
- Planning and review of water and wastewater infrastructure improvements
- Develop, plan, and design drinking water and wastewater treatment projects
- Prepare engineering project proposals with the marketing team
- Make decisions independently and take responsibility for project engineering solutions
- Provide technical guidance, mentor and develop junior project team members
- Represent the company in client and agency meetings to resolve questions and to plan and coordinate work
- Develop and enhance client relationships and business growth
- Work with department managers to develop department standards and complete peer reviews
- Represent the company at Professional organizations.
- Application of sustainable design elements as they relate to water, wastewater, and energy conservation and efficiency
- Registered Professional Engineer in Florida.
- B.S. degree in Civil Engineering, or in Environmental Engineering.
- 12 or more years of progressive experience in the design of water and wastewater projects including distribution, collection, and treatment plant projects.
- Experience in the design and construction of mechanical piping and pumping systems is required.
- Experience with Broward County Municipal clients is preferred.
- Ability to travel throughout Palm Beach County, Broward County, Martin County, Dade County and Monroe County areas (own transportation)
- Excellent technical writing skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong written, verbal, computer and organizational skills
Baxter & Woodman is an equal opportunity - affirmative action – M/F/Vet/Disability employer