Merrell believes nothing should get in the way of enjoying active outdoor adventures. Merrell hiking boots, trail running shoes and apparel are built on Merrell’s outdoor heritage, quality and performance. The trail is the core of our design philosophy and has continued to guide us in the development of innovative products that inspire and enable enjoyment of the outdoors.
The Senior Web Designer has a passion for pushing the boundaries of digital design and user experience for Merrell.com and can both direct and execute design across a multitude of media types (web, animated GIF, video). They partner across ecommerce, UX, marketing, and brand teams to elevate the ecommerce and brand experience for the consumer across digital touchpoints.
- Design and oversite of the website using the brand creative expression, including site design, user experience, email, digital ads, direct mail and all emerging channels that support ecommerce revenue growth.
- Guide others through the digital creative process, working closely with the creative director to align on consistent brand vision and guidelines.
- Present and collaborate concepts, wireframes, storyboards for necessary campaign execution across multiple teams.
- Create digital content that will consist of web graphics, infographics, social media advertising, video, and animated GIFs.
- Lead, plan and coordinate seasonal photoshoots with outside vendors for product laydown and on-body shots to supplement brand content.
- Passion for results-oriented design, and desire for continuous learning and improvement. Brings a spirit of test and learn to elevate the consumer experience
- Work with performance marketing team to create com. Performance marketing team, compelling digital content that will help increase ROAS and optimize campaigns.
- Partner with internal teams to ideate and execute test scenarios to elevate the user experience and engagement across all digital channels.
- Collaborate with creative director and content manager on executing key stories, and product launches.
- Stay up to date with the latest trends, tools, and processes to keep the brand in the forefront of design.
- Leads and mentors’ designers. Provides creative direction and oversight while coordinating priorities.
- Effective communicator who can articulate ideas and concepts both internally and externally.
- Performs duties consistent with the Company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in design or equivalent work experience
- Multi-media design experience (digital marketing, photography, email, video, direct mail, eCommerce) in a fast paced quick turn around environment.
- Must be able to demonstrate creative experience through portfolio.
- Good at project management and time management.
- Open to feedback and continuous improvement.
- Video editing/digital animation a plus.
- Extensive printed and digital portfolio demonstrating relevant experience.
- Keen eye for detail in photography, imagery, and digital assets to build engaging and effective consumer experiences.
- Strong experience with web graphic optimization techniques.
- Mastery of Adobe Photoshop and full creative suite
- Ability to prioritize with business leaders and delegate.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Responsive email, mobile/tablet design required
- Basic HTML/CSS knowledge
- UI/UX Design experience preferred.
Normal office environment. Some travel may be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).