At Smashing Ideas, a Luxoft company, we make things that matter. We’re a team of creative pioneers partnering with Global 500 companies to create groundbreaking digital products and services (think mobile apps, AR/VR, websites, internet-of-things, etc.). We take complex challenges and use a combination of business strategy, user experience design, and technical aptitude to craft cutting-edge solutions that transform the lives of end-users. Our team is comprised of fun, curious, and brilliantly eccentric individuals collaborating in an environment that nurtures creativity and exploration. Put simply, we solve hard problems and make some really cool things.
Smashing Ideas is seeking an experienced Senior Web Developer with a real passion for crafting efficient, maintainable full stack web applications. We take pride in the things we build, and hope you do too. You will work in hybrid teams featuring folks with a vast variety of skills and specialties, from app and service developers, to UX researchers, content strategists, and visual designers.
We want to hear from you if:
- Your interests run from the very top of the stack all the way down to the sub-sub-basement.
- You love expressing ideas as prototypes and experiments.
- You know how to learn, and are passionate about learning new things.
- You care, earnestly, about the people using your code, from fellow and future developers to customers of customers.
- You have and can express your opinions, but are always willing to hear out others and incorporate new information and viewpoints.
- You are kind and empathetic, and value those traits in others.
- You've been doing this long enough (likely 5+ years) to appreciate the difficulty in getting to a 1.0 release (hopefully with a few stories to share).
- You enjoy sharing what you know, and learning from others.
On any given day, you'll find yourself:
- Interacting with clients and peers to understand their needs and arrive at meaningful solutions.
- Designing, evaluating, and documenting robust frontend web client applications and backend services that provide the technical backbone of our efforts and products.
- Authoring well-reasoned, well-tested code emphasizing data-backed APIs, infrastructure automation, and service reliability.
- Auditing existing code and processes for security vulnerabilities, reliability, and efficiency.
The skills you already have include at least three years of professional experience with:
- Component-based architecture with React or Angular
- Browser-centric tooling like Sass, Browserify, Webpack, etc
- Backend web development in any language (Node.js, Python, Ruby, PHP, etc)
- Building and consuming HTTP-based APIs and web services
- Database design and management with SQL, NoSQL, etc
- Version control with git
It would be great if you have experience with:
- C# and .Net
- Authentication with SAML, OAuth, OIDC, etc
- Serverless architecture
- Web workers and progressive web apps
*Smashing Ideas is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender presentation, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are committed to hiring and cultivating a diverse team and an inclusive environment.
** This is an onsite position in our beautiful Seattle, WA office. This is not a Telecommute/Remote Work position.