Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300 stores. The Albertsons Companies family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit, and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Information Technology Department has an opening for a Senior Web UI Developer. This position is located in Pleasanton, California.
The Albertsons Companies IT group is utilizing the latest in technologies to build market-leading, high scale & performance solutions for eCommerce, Loyalty and Rewards programs. We are seeking a Senior Web UI Developer who thrives in the UI/UX landscape and desires to contribute in a fast-paced environment. You must be able to advance the Albertsons Companies Web UI team in creating responsive web-based applications that delight consumers and operate efficiently in a large-scale environment.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Provide application design guidance and consultation, utilizing a thorough understanding of applicable technology, tools, and existing designs.
* Determines and implements the most efficient and cost-effective solution.
* Provide guidance on latest technology trends and future directions.
* Analyze highly complex business requirements.
* Design and create technical specifications to design or redesign complex applications and reusable components.
* Analyze problems outlined by Product Managers, Architects, Technical Leads or Business Systems Analysts in terms of detailed technology requirements and capabilities.
* Provide coding direction to less experienced staff or develops highly complex original code.
* Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, estimation, prototyping, simulation, and analysis efforts.
* Verify program logic through testing best practices, including writing automated unit and functional tests.
* Use Agile Scrum practices to deliver solutions with high level of flexibility and adaptability.
* Oversee overall systems configuration and testing, ensuring efficient deployment of applications to production.
* Develop new documentation, departmental technical procedures, and user guides.
* Develop documentation standards, procedures, and approval hierarchies.
* 4-year degree (Software Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field).
* 4 years using AngularJS and/or ReactJS, jQuery and Bootstrap, or similar frameworks
* 4 years service layer integration (e.g. data, authentication, 3rd party systems) using Ajax and REST APIs.
* 4 years using Jenkins (or similar continuous integration tools) and GitHub (or similar source code management systems).
* 2 years CSS preprocessors like Sass and LESS.
* 2 years UI unit testing, functional testing, and performance testing tools.
* Must have working knowledge of Content Management Systems, preferably Adobe Experience Manager.
* Must have experience building responsive web applications and related best practices.
* Must be well versed with the latest trends in web and mobile space.
* Experience with Agile Scrum full software development lifecycle and related software development methodologies.
* Excellent organizational and troubleshooting skills with attention to detail.
* Strong knowledge of programming documentation processes/procedures.
* Strong ability to understand client expectations and to resolve issues that may affect delivery.
* Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in a matrixed organization.
* Strong ability to mentor, coach, and train lower level programmer analysts.
* Self-starter, with a demonstrated ability to learn beyond formal training with a strong aptitude for delivering quality products.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled