MathWorks is seeking a software superhero who is passionate about UI design to help bring the power of MATLAB to our customers in new and creative ways. You will work on developing the next generation of our interactive UI development environment, implementing features that simplify the app building workflow for users in various domains.
- Play a major role advancing the user experience of our products by creating new graphical interfaces and supporting infrastructure.
- Leap over less-than-ideal software designs in a single bound.
- Work with internal and external customers in defining requirements, workflows, priorities, and features.
- Collaborate with other heros and creatively invent new solutions.
- Design and implement high-quality software that is impervious to poorly designed UI attacks.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
Qualifications Required / Preferred
- Excellent software engineering fundamentals, software design, and user interface design skills
- Experience with web GUI frameworks such as Dojo, YUI, jQuery, and Flex
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience developing rich HTML applications
Nice to have:
- Experience with MATLAB
- Experience with object oriented languages
- Experience writing web-based automated tests
- Experience with Agile/Lean development practices
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.