Job Title: Server
Department: Food & Beverage
Reports to: Director of Food & Beverage Manager, Food and Beverage Supervisor
Position Summary: The purpose of this position is to sell and serve food and drinks in a professional manner while providing a personalized, exceptional dining experience through friendly, attentive, and responsive service.
- Greets patrons with a warm welcome.
- Clears and resets tables.
- Provides a unique and personalized dining experience.
- Describes menu items using descriptive language and makes recommendations based on customer preference.
- Responds promptly and courteously to all requests.
- Takes food and beverage orders and enters in POS system.
- Maintains specific side-work and ensures the total cleanliness and smooth operation of the restaurant.
- Anticipates the needs of the patron and acts upon them.
- Answers questions about food, beverage, and other restaurant or hotel functions and services.
- Maintains a clean and organized work and service area.
- Ensures guests are satisfied with their food, beverage, and service.
- Prepares final bill; presents check to guest; accepts payment; processes credit card charges or makes changes (if applicable).
- Teamwork – offers or asks to help fellow team members as situations arise.
- Thanks guests by name (if a credit card is used) and invites them to return.
- Carries plates and/or trays.
- Checks identification of guests to ensure they are of legal age to consume alcoholic beverages.
- Refuses to serve alcoholic beverages in a polite manner to guests who are not of legal age.
- Monitors the behavior of guests that are consuming alcohol and counts number of drinks served. Offers taxi to patrons that should not drive and alerts a manager to intervene if necessary.
- Reports to work in a neat and clean uniform. Keeps hair well-groomed and practices good hygiene.
- Completes required training and passes test for responsible service of alcohol.
- Has FUN!
- Completes all other duties as assigned.
- Arrives at work on time for scheduled shift.
- Completes any reasonable task assigned by managment or a supervisor.
Knowledge and Critical Skills/Expertise
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Basic computer skills.
- Must be able to suggestively sell food and beverage items.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, and special events unless approved by manager.
- Flexibility to work shifts according to business demand.
- Working knowledge of beer, wine, liquor, and common drink recipes.
- High level of honesty and integrity.
- Ability to take direction while working quickly and efficiently.
- A basic knowledge of dining room and service procedures and functions.
- Basic math skills and the ability to handle money and operate a POS system.
- Ability to hand-carry a minimum of three (3) plates.
- No educational requirement.
- Must be of legal age according to State regulations to serve alcohol.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience as a server.
- Micros experience strongly preferred.
- Walks and stands during entire shift.
- Continuously reach, bend, lift, carry, and stoop.
- Hazards include but are not limited to: cuts, slipping, tripping, falls, and burns.
- Frequent washing of hands.
ADA: The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
This job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification.