Job Title: Server
Reports To: Restaurant Manager
The Server is the primary provider of service to guests seated in their station during the meal and the secondary provider of service to guests in adjacent stations as well as all areas of the dining room. The Server processes orders for food and beverage, delivers meals to the guest, checks back with the guests to ensure satisfaction and process payment for meals. The Server is responsible for maintaining a clean, safe and sanitary environment for all guests and for setting up the restaurant to meet the needs of the guests. The Server consistently practices all guest acknowledgment requirements.
- Prepares the restaurant and their station for guests.
- Greets seated guests.
- Answers questions and makes suggestions regarding food and beverage orders.
- Writes down the order as the guests order.
- Processes orders through the POS terminal.
- Prepares side items and completes soup and salad orders.
- Delivers drinks from the service bar and food from the kitchen
- Assists in running food orders to guests in other server's stations.
- Responds to guest requests and anticipates guest needs throughout the meal.
- Responds professionally to guest comments, complaints and questions.
- Keeps tables clear of soiled plates, trash and empty glasses.
- Presents the guest check and processes payment.
- Offers a parting comment to departing guests.
- Assists all dining room guests by clearing tableware, re-filling beverages and responding to guest requests.
- Verbally acknowledges all guests encountered in restaurant.
- Abides by all applicable laws regarding the sale and service of alcoholic beverages.
- Follows all health, safety, sanitation and security standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
The Server must be well groomed and neatly dressed in a clean uniform. See Employee Handbook for a complete description of the dress code for the front of the house.
The Server will be required to engage in the following physical action for up to a eight- hour shift:
The Server is required to deliver food and beverage to guests weighing up to twenty pounds. The Server will need to carry soiled plates and glassware weighing up to 10 pounds. The Server may need to retrieve supplies weighing up to 10 pounds from storage shelves. The Server may need to lift glass racks weighing up to thirty pounds.
The Server works in the climate controlled environment of the dining rooms, but will be required to walk in and out of the kitchen resulting in exposure to heat and humidity. The Server may be working on the patio and will be exposed to varying weather conditions. The Server works with cleaning chemicals.
The Server engages in extensive verbal interaction with guests and employees and is exposed to potentially frustrating situations. The Server must work well with limited supervision.