POSITION SUMMARY: Customer Service orientated position primarily responsible for delivering superior food and beverage service to dining room guests within the restaurant according to Potomac Family Dining Group and Applebee’s brand standards for timeliness, accuracy, and guest service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Delivers food and drinks to guests using Applebee’s team delivery
- Interacts verbally with all bar guests creating a friendly and upbeat
- Greet guests, answer questions, makes suggestions regarding food, drinks, and
- Completes assigned opening and closing side work as
- Presents guest checks to dining room patrons. Makes correct change and/or completes any necessary credit transactions.
- Relays food orders to kitchen via the point-of-sale computerized register system in a timely and accurate manner.
- Serves alcohol according to all state and federal laws and regulations, as well as company and brand and policies and
- Participates in the clearing and resetting of the dining room tables using Applebee’s team delivery
- Observes guests, responds to requests, and anticipates guests’
- Maintains a clean and organized work
- Ability to explain and demonstrate usage of Tabletop Electronic Devices to
- Ability to drive sales with suggestive selling
- Writes and repeats guests’ orders to ensure listening for understanding and order
- Accommodates any special needs of guests such as booster chairs, high chairs,
- May occasionally be scheduled to serve guests in a Host/Hostess or Carside To-Go Server
- General Utility functions are requested by management and
EQUIPMENT/ COMPUTER SKILLS:
- Point-of-sale computerized system
- Soda fountain operation
- Tabletop Electronic Device
- Operation of cleaning tools such as cleaning cloths, buckets, brooms, vacuums, non-electric vacuum sweepers
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: None.
- Friendly and engaging demeanor
- 18 years old
- Prior server experience preferred
- ServeSafe Food Certification a plus
- Reading, writing, basic math and verbal communication skills required
- Bi-lingual experience a plus
- Reliable transportation required
- High School Degree or GED preferred
- Ability to build relationships
- Ability to be a team player
- Ability to follow manager instructions and guidance
- Ability to communicate and behave professionally at all times
- Ability to wipe down table tops, table legs, pick up debris off of the floor, and wipe down booth seats in the bar area of the
- Transports plates, glasses, and baskets to and from the service bar and kitchen more than 30 times per
- Mobility required during the entire
- Ability to stand and exert fast-paced mobility for periods of up to four (4) hours in
- Must have a good sense of balance, be able to reach, bend, stoop, and kneel and frequently lift and bus pans, and trays frequently weighing 25
- Must be able to speak clearly and listen attentively to guests and other
- Transports and carries objects such as high chairs up to 15 pounds up to 15 times per
Travel: Less than 5%
WORKING CONDITIONS: Subject to wet floors and loud noises, fast-paced.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.