The Server will be responsible for ensuring guests’ dining experience, as a whole, are enjoyable, well-timed and pleasant. Work alongside the service and support staff to provide a great experience to guests, while assisting in the restaurant as necessary. The incumbent is expected to maintain a professional and inviting attitude and provide a warm work environment in the course of interacting with guests during their visit.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain a professional and welcoming attitude while at work.
- Warmly welcome guests and answering questions throughout the evening.
- Helps guests select menu items by going over food and Bar 79 menus; recommending cocktails, suggesting courses, explaining the chef's features, identifying appropriate wines according to Perry’s food and beverage training.
- Thoroughly answer all food and beverage preparation questions.
- Accurately record all orders and properly enter all food and beverage items into the Aloha Point of Sale system.
- Adherence to Perry’s steps of service to ensure the guest dining experience is an enjoyable and complete one.
- Appropriately time food and beverage courses to ensure guests are not rushed nor do they experience lengthy service delays between courses.
- Properly serve all food and beverage items as they are brought/arrive to the table according to steps of service.
- Prepare tables with proper condiments, candles, napkins, plates, utensils, decorations, etc.
- Notify the Manager of long waits or problems with kitchen items.
- Keep management informed of all problems and potential issues related to guest service in your station.
- Ensure that the manager is made aware of any special accommodations, such as specific food allergies, etc. prior to reporting to reporting it to the kitchen.
- Obtains payment by reporting total charges, issuing a bill, accepting payment, accurately handling of cash and credit cards, obtaining proper signature slip.
- Ensure their assigned section is set-up properly according to Perry’s standards, and any special instructions to meet guest and restaurant needs
- Maintain cleanliness of tables and dining area around guests, with primary responsibilities to assigned stations.
- Clean section: floors, glassware, plateware, silverware and furniture in server’s assigned section.
- Complete opening, running and closing side work related to job duties: cleaning, stocking, setting and breaking down tables, etc. to ensure that there are no shortages of items during the busy shifts.
- Assist in meeting guest service goals by supporting fellow co-workers as needed.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Must be at least 18 years of age based upon state requirements to serve alcohol.
- Must have at least two years of experience as a Server preferably in a fine dining environment.
- Basic understanding of wine, wine varietals and wine growing regions required.
- Customer service oriented.
- Basic mathematical skills required.
- Must be certified for Alcohol service by authorized state program.
- Servsafe or similar Food Handler’s Certificate required.
- Basic computer skills required, Aloha Point of Sale system preferred but not required.
- Must be able to speak clearly and distinctively over the phone and in person.
- Desire to work effectively in a fast-paced, team environment
- Previous cashier experience preferred but not required.
- Willingness to respond and adapt to changing technology.
- Ability to analyze requests and make effective recommendations.
- Professional maturity: The ability to separate emotional feelings from the real issues at hand. The ability to legitimately and objectively challenge the substance of our beliefs and biases of our observations.
- Responsibility: The ability to meet commitments made to yourself and others, keeping the promises you make, and acknowledging and accepting the choices you have made, the actions you have taken, and the results they have led to.
- Communication: The ability to write and speak effectively using appropriate convention based on the situation; actively listens to others, asks questions to verify understanding, and uses tact and consideration when delivering feedback to others.
- Confidentiality: Cannot, without written consent, disclose, furnish, publish, make accessible to others, or make use of any financial, confidential or proprietary information.
- Flexibility: Demonstrate responsiveness and adaptability following change initiatives, and demonstrates ongoing support for change efforts.
- Intelligence: Understand and comprehend information, as well as find application and value from new knowledge.
- Sales Savvy: The ability to influence the customer to purchase more expensive items, upgrades, or other add-ons in an attempt to make a more profitable sale.
- Energetic: Exhibits high levels of energy and enthusiasm.
- Organized: Methodical and efficient in structuring tasks to be accomplished.
- Customer Service: The ability to demonstrate a series of activities designed to enhance the level of customer satisfaction.
- Teamwork: Look for ways to assist managers and other staff members to ensure guests are provided the best service according to Perry’s Restaurants standards.
- Substantial movements (motion) of the wrist, hands, and/or fingers in a repetitive manner.
- Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Ascending or descending stairs, ramps and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms while balancing a tray with one hand.
- Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing or crouching between narrow, elevated and/or slippery walkways.
- Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving object horizontally from position to position.
- This position is considered part-time. Standard days and hours of work are Sunday through Saturday, 10:00 a.m. to 10 p.m. This position will require weekend and holiday work.
- Must be able to stand for extended durations (5-10 hour shifts).
- This job operates in a restaurant environment. May require use of industrial equipment.
- Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office/production setting with adequate ventilation.