Job Title: SERVER
Department: Front of House (FOH)
Supervisors: General Manager, Assistant General Manager, Manager, Server Trainer, Shift Lead
Licensing: If Applicable
Job Description: Be welcoming and hospitable to every guest by greeting and taking orders, serving food and beverages, preparing itemized checks and accepting payments. Servers may perform additional duties, which may include helping guests to find their seats, serving guests seated in our lounge, setting up and clearing auditoriums, and assisting other team members such as runners or box office hosts. Servers check valid identification of guests who appear 35 years of age or younger, to ensure they meet the minimum age requirement for the purchase of alcohol. Flix servers are professional, polite, and reliable adhering to our vision, purpose, core values and brand principles. Their menu and systems knowledge is proficient and quick, delivering ninja service standards. Servers are expected to be available to work nights, weekends, and holidays in accordance with hiring guidelines and company policy.
Job Purpose: To exceed guest satisfaction. Gives personal attention and takes ownership of excellent service. Listens, apologizes with empathy, finds a solution, and follows through when resolving guest problems.
- Has prior Server experience in a high volume restaurant.
- Delivers exceptional verbal communication skills with a warm and inviting personality.
- Knowledgeable of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
- Ability to multi-task, wait on multiple guests and be detailed oriented.
- Ability to take direction, develop and work in a team environment.
- Works calmly and executes job duties effectively under pressure.
- Accountable, self-motivated, organized and utilizing problem solving skills.
- Committed to quality movie-going and brewpub service and menu knowledge.
- Clocks In and Out when scheduled and is engaged while in server role.
- Provides food and beverage service to guests using great standards to stay true to our core values.
- Answers questions about menu items and has ability to make recommendations.
- Checks proper valid identification in order to ensure that they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Sets up, re-sets and breaks down auditoriums and service areas.
- Continually services food, alcohol, non-alcoholic beverages other items throughout the film.
- Ensures revenue is maximized through accurate check delivery and correct billing procedures.
- Communicates with guests and team members in a professional and polite manner.
- Pre-busses efficiently throughout guest’s dining experience using proper methods for removing dishes, glassware, and silverware while being distraction free.
- Ensures cleanliness of auditoriums, service areas and other areas of the cinema.
- Displays citizenship and team work.
- Ability to speak and hear.
- Close and distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, and frequently lift up to 35 lbs. and occasionally lift/move 50 lbs.
- Exposure to heat/cold from the mechanical equipment.
- Moderate to loud noise level.
- Wide Spectrum Flix Brewhouse is designed to deliver a superlative experience for adults and families in the broadest segments of American life. However, we are not all things to all people.
- Guest Service Philosophy We make every reasonable effort to make the guests we serve happy. Although guests are not always right, they are always our guests.
- Surprise and Delight We create emotional connections by going “above and beyond” and turn guests into fans by finding ways to do unexpected things for them.
- Cinematic Leadership We generally exhibit first-run wide release motion pictures. We celebrate the cinematic experience and work to protect it by providing a safe and approachable movie-going environment for adults and families. We will always be on the forward curve of cinema technology.
- Good Food We offer high-quality food that is all-American, responsibly sourced, nutritionally diverse, affordably priced and accessible to the markets we serve.
- Craft Beer We are missionaries working to save the world from bad beer! At the world’s only first-run craft brewery cinema, beer is a unique brand differentiator. We are an active participant in the craft beer movement and support and collaborate with other craft brewers.
*We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer which values diversity. All employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit and business need. EEO/M/F/V/D - We are an e-Verify employer.