Apex Systems, the nation’s 2nd largest Information Technology Staffing organization, has an opening for a Server Engineer to work within one of our large clients in the Columbus, OH area. This 12+ month contract with the possibility of extension.
Please send your resume to Brooke Hileman at BHileman@apexsystems.com if you're interested in learning more about this role! To view all jobs from Apex, and/or sign up to receive posting alerts that match your criteria, join our Talent Network via http://itcareers.apexsystemsinc.com/.
The Server Engineer Contractor is expected to engineer framework for server environment. The position requires knowledge and experience on multi-technology platforms, solid communication skills, and a desire to tackle the complex technical problems. Must be able to perform infrastructure architecture and troubleshoot complicated server and network issues. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment driving performance and reliability from software, infrastructure and private cloud environments. This role requires strong technical proficiency in SAN storage and backup solutions, including Nimble Storage and EMC XIO, Vplex, Data Domain, Avamar. Must possess hands on experience with VM technologies and tools, Active Directory and Domain Controller.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following, other duties may be assigned.
- Architect and support SAN storage tools and backup solutions, including Nimble Storage and EMC XIO, VPlex, Data Domain and Avamar.
- Manage and support VMware, SAN storage, backups, patch management
- Responsible for management and maintenance Windows servers in physical and VMware environment
- Serve as a technical resources for existing and new projects and provide guidance/insight on projects.
- Operate in a 24x7 highly scalable server infrastructure with emphasis on excellent time management skills, meeting strict deadlines.
- Contribute in the architecture design, deployment and development of IT services and associated processes and procedures.
- Responsible for management and maintenance Windows servers in physical and VMware environment.
- Monitor systems and identify performance issues proactively.
- Maintain and monitor all network, security and computer systems to meet the current and future requirements.
- Work with various vendors and service providers to ensure a productive environment.
- Resolve issues and prepare status reports.
- Maintain the necessary project plans and documentation of all system builds, modifications, and implementation.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of current infrastructure and future trends.
- Preserve strong relationships with all service providers and vendors to ensure that services received meet expected requirements of contract. Provide after- hour support as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Solid technical background in a multi-tenant hosted services environment including infrastructure network, storage, VM environment, and physical servers.
- Strong knowledge and hands on experience with SAN storage and backup solutions, including Nimble Storage and EMC XIO, Vplex, Data Domain, Avamar.
- Strong knowledge and hands on experience with VM technologies and tools.
- Hands-on experience with Active Directory and Domain Controller.
- Hands-on experience with Exchange 2013 server.
- Hands-on experience with spam filtering system.
- Hands-on experience with network traffic load balancer.
- Able to gather relevant information systematically to troubleshoot and resolve complex issues.
- Sound problem solving and decision making skills.
- Good attention to detail, testing and documentation.
- Knowledge of ITIL and industry best practices.
- Strong virtualization experience.
- Proven ability to work in a cloud based or hosting environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university with courses in computer science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 7 years of IT related experience and strong experience with strong server engineering experience.
- MCSE and/or other Microsoft certifications are preferred.
- Experience in EMC/Nimble SAN storage management.
- Experience configuring and managing load balancers and spam filtering tools.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178