Full-Time Server Openings Available
Job Title: Server
Position Summary: The Server delivers a high quality culinary experience for our residents in a positive, friendly, and efficient manner. They receive meal orders from residents and retrieve meals from the kitchen. Additionally, this position is responsible for clearing the dining room of plates and utensils and ensuring that the dining room is ready for the next meal. As a liaison between residents and cooks, servers must be highly effective communicators and maintain the utmost professionalism and respect at all times. This position reports to the Dining Room Supervisor and resides in the Culinary department. Our servers are committed to understanding and appreciating every detail of our residents’ specific dining preferences. By serving the same customers daily, our servers are able to establish and foster fulfilling relationships with the residents.
Our Culinary Department provides nourishing and delicious meals that are served in a warm and inviting environment. The department operates with the knowledge that meals and food activities are a crucial part of every residents’ day. Delivering a memorable dining experience for our residents is our top priority.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Serve meals according to resident restrictions, location in dining room, and drink preferences.
- Serve residents drinks, appetizers (soups/salad), entrees, and dessert.
- Interact with residents and other associates in a friendly manner to ensure a positive meal experience for all residents.
- Accommodate special requests from residents (condiments requests, half orders, and different items).
- Listen closely to residents and other culinary Associates to minimize errors and exceed resident expectations.
- Review and be familiar with residents’ dining restrictions.
- Clear and reset tables in between meal services.
- Clean kitchen areas (garbage, counters, etc.) and dining room (remove dirty dishes, clean tables and chairs, etc.)
- Maintain high standards of personal and dining area cleanliness (wash hands, change gloves, etc.) and sanitation and safety standards.
- Assist with all other duties as assigned by the Dining Room Supervisor.
At Waltonwood, we are all a part of a team who are here to serve the residents living in our communities. Our residents count on us every hour of every day. First and foremost, we expect our associates to have regular attendance; defined as being on time and present to all scheduled shifts, for the entire shift. Our associates need to value the importance of timeliness, punctuality, and dependability, and how the lack of these critical elements affects others in the workplace and the overall community operations. We expect all associates to be willing to lend a helping hand to co-workers, direct reports, and supervisors, whether it is one of their typical job responsibilities or not. This includes welcoming new associates and residents into the community, and making them feel at home. Associates need to keep the best interests of the residents and other associates in mind, and be an active participant in accomplishing team, community, and company goals.
- Customer Focused – Dedicated to meeting and exceeding the needs of the customer by establishing and maintaining effective relationships as well as gaining trust and respect of customers.
- Strong Communication Skills –Clearly and accurately provides pertinent information to individuals in verbal and/or written form. Able to accurately convey information in a way that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Patience – Works hard to understand people and process before making judgements and acting. Very tolerant and sensitive with people, and takes time to listen. Does not take shortcuts, follows established processes well.
- Detail Oriented – Pays attention to the smallest details in a situation, and truly cares about them. Understands the importance of all aspects of a given task, no matter how trivial they may seem. Values the importance of gathering all relevant information before making a decision.
- Prior serving and/or restaurant experience in the hospitality industry preferred.
- Working knowledge of dining etiquette.
- Knowledge of proper food service sanitation techniques.
- Personable and outgoing demeanor.
- Constant use of manual dexterity, auditory and visual skills and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skills.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures.
- Ability to reach, bend, twist, squat, kneel, push and pull.
- Ability to lift/carry up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to perform repetitive movements including simple grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
- Occasional sitting, with constant walking and standing.