Be a Part of Our Timeless Experience!
Ruby's Diner (Location)
The Server is responsible for offering guests an enjoyable, expertly served meal reflecting the high customer service standards of the Restaurant. They must anticipate guests' needs and provide service before being asked and monitor the table during their meal. A Server must maintain a professional appearance, provide friendly, personalized service to guests, and maintain good working relationships with staff and management.
- Servers are responsible for positive guest interactions while serving guests in a friendly and efficient manner.
- At all times, servers are expected to be attentive to our guests needs and making them feel welcomed, comfortable, and important.
- General Responsibilities Prepare the table, laying out napkins and utensils, making sure the condiments are refilled, performing all other preparation tasks Staying updated on current menu choices, specialties and menu deviations, knowing if the kitchen staff is running out of any items...etc.
- Take food and drink orders from guests Input guests' food and drink order into terminal Assist with delivering food items to your assigned tables, as well as preparing table side dishes upon request Handle the table bookings, direct customers to their tables, presenting menus, suggesting dishes, assisting in drink selection, informing customers about food preparation details, communicating specific customer needs to the cooks Maintaining proper dining experience, delivering items, fulfilling customer needs, offering desserts and drinks, removing courses, replenishing utensils, refilling glasses Obtaining revenues, issuing receipts, accepting payments, returning the change.
- Performing basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by supervisor/manager Assisting with special events as needed.
- Greet all guests and owners warmly with an appropriate greeting.
- Adhere to grooming and appearance standards consistently And other assigned tasks.
- Work as a team player with all restaurant staff.
- One year experience in a full-service restaurant preferred.
- Must be upbeat, outgoing and positive.
- Must be able to assist guests and possess great guest relations skills.
- Ability to work positively in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Basic math skills.
- Ability to work effectively within a team.
- Ability to be on your feet and alert for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs. as needed.
- Continuous use of hands and arms.
- Continuous bending, reaching and twisting.
Equal Employment Opportunity is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The Company is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions.0