Provides timely, accurate, and friendly customer service. Grows sales through repeat customers, increased sales and profitability. Makes informed suggestions for food and beverages. Delivers ordered items, maintains dining room cleanliness, and processes payment in a timely manner. Maintains a clean, safe, and sanitary work environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrates outstanding hospitality and service throughout each shift with customers, managers, and team members.
- Demonstrates teamwork
- Takes food and beverage orders from customers
- Accepts customer payments and processes quickly and accurately in accordance with BD's Mongolian Grill cash handling policies
- Follows company cash handling policies and procedures
- Completes opening duties, shift, and closing duties
- Prepares non-alcoholic beverages for dining room customers
- Delivers food and beverages to customers in a timely manner.
- Suggestively up sells when options exists for liquor or food items.
- Follows all sanitation and safety policies
- Maintains the server stations ensuring they remain stocked throughout the shift
- Ensures table maintenance throughout the dining experience
- Able to fill in as needed through out shift to ensure a smooth and enjoyable experience for customers and team members (ie. Market Host, Dish, Grill)
- Maintains a safe working environment and reports any safety issues to management immediately
- Maintains valid state and local food handlers and alcohol certifications
- Adheres to all BD's Mongolian Grill policies and procedures
- Advises Restaurant Manager/General Manger/ Regional Director of any non-routine situations
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Must be motivated and have a high energy level
- Must be customer centric, demonstrating a desire to be of service
- Must be organized
- Must be able to excel in high pressure environments
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions
- Must have a calm and friendly demeanor at all times
- Must have a working knowledge of our menu items including signature beverages
- Must be respectful of all customers, managers, team members, and vendors
- Must be able to recognize common signs of intoxication and know how to address the situation following BD's Mongolian Grill standards
- Must maintain all required state and local food and alcohol certifications
- Must be available to work a variety of opens, swings, and closes including weekends and holidays
- Must be able to lift/carry up to 25 lb.
- Must be capable of constant walking, standing, stooping, and reaching in any direction
- Must have manual dexterity
- If you need any accommodation from BD's Mongolian Grill to enable you to perform essential job functions, please let us know
Verbal and Reasoning Requirements
Must be able to speak clearly and listen attentively to co-workers and managers. Must be able to engage in two-way conversation with the customer on the floor. Must have the ability to read and/or follow verbal instructions and implement the same. Must be capable of applying common sense and understanding to carry out oral and/or written instructions. Must understand and adhere to service standards.
I have reviewed this job description and am able to perform the essential functions of the job under the described conditions with or without reasonable accommodation.