Position is Part Time
(Other schedules may be assigned based on needs.)
CRISTA Shores is a Retirement community to seniors 62 and older, it offers apartment living options for an independent lifestyle and assisted living in a beach-like setting. The Van Driver performs safe and efficient transportation for CRISTA Shores’ residents via medical van and/or bus. Transportation services may include medical appointments, shopping trips, day tours, social and/or recreational outings and special events for CRISTA Shores’ residents in both independent and assisted living areas.
Join us to provide joy and purpose to the lives of our residents!
The server is a short shift dining room staff position that is responsible for supporting dining room services to ensure an efficient dining experience for residents. This position may fill one or all of these roles; waitperson, bus person or runner.
General duties include:
- Promptly take food orders from the residents and deliver to the kitchen, and then deliver the ordered food to the resident in a timely and courteous manner. Ensure service is accurate and quality food is presented.
- Greet guests in a friendly and timely manner.
- Prepare dining area prior to start of dining hours.
- Receive the specials and availability of menu items from the cook.
- Know and follow proper food handling and infection control techniques in order to maintain the dining room in a sanitary and orderly condition.
- Bus tables and change dirty table cloths with clean. Wipe down all the chairs in your section with a sanitized cloth.
- Clean and reset the dining room tables by following the table setting standards after each meal. Polish silverware and glasses. Check and refill sugars and creamers as needed.
- Perform assigned nightly cleaning tasks or side jobs or lunch service duties as designated by the Dining Room Supervisor or Food Service Manager.
- Weekend cleaning:
- Sweep and mop the kitchen.
- Vacuum the dining room.
- Train new wait staff as assigned.
- Attend scheduled meetings.
- Communicate with residents and customers in person and by telephone.
- Work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers, residents and their families.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Is this the place for you?
Here are our essential qualifications:
Christian Commitment : Must have a firm commitment to the Lord.
Licensure/Certification: Washington State Food Handler’s Permit.
- Must be able to read, write, communicate in and interpret English at a functional level and write legibly.
- Add, subtract, multiply and divide using fractions, whole numbers and decimals.
- Adhere to CRISTA dress code.
- Follow all CRISTA Ministries’ policies, procedures and doctrines.
- Follow directions.
- Perform duties in a team environment.
- Use problem solving skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers, residents and their families.
Education : Attending high school or college
Other Considerations: Must have good people skills