The Server is responsible for table service within the community dining rooms. This position will require all standards of fine dining service are met and exemplary customer service will be provided to all residents.
*** SET TO START MID AUGUST***
- Takes orders, provides service and all requested items both graciously and courteously.
- Answers questions about menu items.
- Sets tables and maintains work stations are in proper order.
- Clears dishes from tables before, during, and after meal services.
- Assists with dishwashing and distribution of clean dishes as needed.
- Ensures upgraded orders are billed to resident accounts.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Ability to multi-task efficiently in a busy environment.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions in English and communicate effectively.
- Ability to interpret and explain menu, refer or answer questions, coordinate meal service process and understand requests.
- Ability to work in close cooperation with residents, guests, visitors, families, and staff.
- Requires courtesy, tact and graciousness.
- Ability to work in a safe manner complying with all department and Community safety policies and procedures.
This position is essential to the safety of our residents and staff; and to the operation and function of the community. Employee may be recalled to report to work for an emergency, unusual occurrence, resident care need, visit from regulatory/governing agencies or any other event deemed necessary by the Executive Director, Administrator, and designee.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Must be able to stand and walk for 100% of the work day. Must be able to bend, stoop, reach, and balance frequently throughout the work day. Must be able to work both indoors and outdoors. Must be able to be around kitchen smells and cooking smoke. Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. When lifting over 35 lbs, you are required to ask for assistance. Must be able to push and/or pull wheeled carts and equipment generally weighing up to 200 lbs. May be exposed to extreme temperatures (freezers and stoves-range burners) for short periods of time. May be exposed industrial and household chemicals and high heat levels.
A BRAND NEW Health Care Center, The Orchards will have 71 Skilled Nursing beds, 20 Memory Care- Assisted Living units, and 58 Assisted Living Units on the same campus as Reata Glen, a large Continuing Care Retirement Community featuring 480 Independent Living units located in Rancho Mission Viejo/ San Juan Capistrano in sunny Southern California.
The Orchards offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a Safe Harbor 401(k) plan with match. Free employee gym, tuition assistance, commuter reimbursement, employee referral award, AND MORE!
Come join our dynamic team at a place where you can impact the lives of others!