Take your career beyond the ordinary—to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you’ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest privately held hospitality companies in the world. Founded in 1915 and owned by the Jacobs family for more than 100 years, Delaware North has global operations at high-profile places such as sports and entertainment venues, national and state parks, destination resorts and restaurants, airports, and regional casinos. Our 55,000 employee associates are dedicated to creating special experiences one guest at a time in serving more than a half-billion guests annually. Delaware North operates in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurant and catering, parks, resorts, gaming, and specialty retail industries and has annual revenue of about $3 billion. Learn more about Delaware North, a global leader in hospitality, at www.DelawareNorth.com.
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
Server at The Fort Lauderdale Airport
Serves food and beverage items to guests in accordance with the Company’s GuestPath Universal Service Standards and applicable Operational Standards.
- Greets guests at table and supplies guests with menus if necessary
- Communicates daily specials, answers questions about menu items, and takes beverage and/or food orders
- Serves alcoholic beverages responsibly, requests identification, adheres to all unit and company alcohol service policies and procedures.
- Enters orders into point-of-sale system so that kitchen staff can prepare food.
- Picks up drinks and food when orders are ready and delivers orders to guests
- Observes and follows-up with guests to respond if they require additional service
- Prepares and delivers check to guests at table
- Accepts and processes payment
- Performs opening, closing, and side work duties as assigned
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Cleans table and prepares it for next guests
- Makes suggestions to management to improve service, or change menus
- Trains others on job duties and company procedures
Education & Experience:
- Previous experience as a server, or similar guest service position strongly preferred.
- Previous experience with a point-of-sale system in service or hospitality environment preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent guest service skills; ability to adhere to Company’s GuestPath Universal Service Standards
- Ability to complete required pre-employment sanitation and alcohol service training
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple table assignments at one time
- Possess basic knowledge of standard drink recipes and alcohol brand names.
- Ability to operate point-of-sale system to enter orders and prepare checks.
- Basic math skills; ability to accurately total guest checks and count change
- Strong communication skills, including listening skills and ability to take food and beverage orders and fill those orders correctly.
- Ability to remain on feet for entire length of shift
- Constant standing, walking, bending, reaching and repetitive motions.
- Ability to maneuver between tables and around corners.
- Ability to lift, balance and move large food trays, weighing up to 35 lbs.
- Visual acuity and hearing sufficient to take orders and prepare bills.
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds for set-up, service and clean up of functions
- Ability to stand or walk for entire length of shift; may include walking up and down stairs
- Good mobility to maneuver between tables to deliver food to customers.
Environmental Working Conditions:
- Variable temperatures – required to move between hot, noisy conditions of kitchen and climate-controlled dining environment
- Noise level may be moderate to high during busy times
*Nothing in this job description restricts the management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities on this job at any time.
Delaware North Companies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer