Servers of the Alamo Drafthouse are responsible for ensuring the Guest has an awesome cinema going experience. They are responsible for attending to Guests in a timely manner, ensuring all guests’ needs are met. Servers are required to practice responsible alcohol service in accordance with state and local laws and Springboard Ventures, LLC alcohol policy.
REPORTS TO: Manager
LOCATION: To be determined.
SALARY / GRADE LEVEL: Hourly / Non-Exempt
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures that ALL GUESTS have an AWESOME EXPERIENCE, and are EXCITED to come back!
- Must possess excellent knowledge of current menu and seasonal offerings. Servers are responsible for explaining all menu offerings and promotional offerings to our Guests, and will clearly answer all guest questions.
- Confirms and accurately notates Guest orders, quickly enters orders into the POS system, utilizing correct sequence, appropriate abbreviations and charges.
- Pulls and communicates completed Guest flags for teammates when appropriate.
- Quickly retrieves orders from the bar or kitchen and delivers to appropriate Guest promptly. Servers are responsible for running completed orders to all Guests.
- Must possess “ninja service” ability while in the theaters.
- Accurately intuits guest behavior; engages management when necessary.
- Practices responsible alcohol service in accordance to local and state laws, including identification verification and intoxication prevention.
- Ensures accurate check drop timing by following show the schedule. Promptly collects payment from guests using company mandated cashier procedures. Returns change or credit slips quickly.
- Ensure all financial transactions are correct and maintains accuracy and coin for making change. Operate credit card machines correctly.
- Maintains theater appearance by pre-bussing, checking drink levels, removing clutter and providing adequate napkins, etc.
- Must possess a positive “can do” attitude, offering assistance to team members when necessary.
- Is intuitive of business flow to ensure guest and staff satisfaction. Makes themselves available to assist during downtimes.
- Keeps station clean, sets up and takes down station appropriately.
- Performs shift change and/or opening or closing duties.
- Adheres to all company safety and sanitation policies and procedures.
- Consistently monitor the presentation quality on every screen in your venue and report any issues immediately.
- Local Health Cards (as required) and valid Missouri ATC / SMART Certification are required
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to operate POS, make change and accurately conduct credit card transactions and account for all monies at the end of each shift.
- Able to stand/walks for 100% of shift.
- Able to reach, bend, stoop, and wipe frequently.
- Able to deliver plates, food and clear tables which may require lifting as much as 30lbs.
- Ability to read and write English.
- Ability to verbalize and clearly respond to Guests.
- Ability to read and write handwritten notes.
WORKING CONDITIONS; Work is typically performed in the restaurant environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work involves a majority of sitting, bending, stooping, twisting, climbing and some lifting up to 50 lbs.HAZARDS: Only those present in a normal restaurant setting; no known significant hazards. Work performed in the restaurant has minimal exposure to cleaning chemicals, cooking equipment along with minimal machinery with moving parts.