Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you’ll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there’s a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
Provides quick, efficient, and pleasant delivery of food to residents and guests, ensuring all quality standards of food and service are being met. Ensures good customer service, safety and proper handling of dishes, glassware, and utensils.
- Takes food orders, presents to kitchen staff and delivers meals to residents and guests in a proper and timely manner in accordance with department and company standards.
- Responds quickly to resident and guest requests. Interacts with guests in the dining room to ensure their satisfaction.
- Ensures accurate fulfillment of orders and checks food quality. Returns food that does not meet quality standards such as temperature, color, and doneness.
- Responds to community issues or concerns that may occur in the dining room. Reports issues/concerns to management immediately.
- Assists with the preparation and assembly of meals, in accordance with the menu and in a safe, sanitary manner under the direction of the Cook or Dining Services Coordinator/Manager as needed.
- Ensures proper preparation, portioning and serving of foods according to standardized recipes and menus.
- Follows departmental procedures including sanitation, safety and cleaning schedules.
- Labels and dates all food products in the refrigerator, freezer and food storage area and properly disposes of refuse.
Assists setting tables, removing dirty dishes, disposing of refuse and waste materials, and restocking inventory as needed.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates and Other Special Requirements
Makes standard and routine decisions based on detailed guidelines with little independent judgment. Problems are generally solved with clear, detailed guidelines or by reporting them to a supervisor.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a basic level of a skill and can follow written or verbal instructions. Has basic technical skills to complete a few repetitive and well-defined duties. Has a basic knowledge of the organization in order to answer basic questions.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage.
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Taste or smell
- Exposure to latex
- Ability to lift: Up to 50 pounds
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from equipment
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.