All shifts available.
At The Park at Surprise, we love what we do, and have fun while we're doing it! Working with our residents is an adventure. They've led amazing lives and have the stories to prove it. Here, you'll join a community of incredible residents and a company with 60 years of providing the highest quality of service and care. Here are some of the great benefits to working for a Koelsch Community:
- Opportunity for growth within the organization
- Excellent employee benefits program
- Professional development and senior-care training opportunities
- Health and dental insurance, vacation, and paid sick leave benefit offerings for full-time employees (or as required by the state for PT staff)
- Positive work environment
- Consistent schedules
- Staff appreciation parties
- Staff appreciation gifts or gift cards
- Opportunities to be featured in our Spotlight Company Newsletter
- Length of Service Bonus: up to $2,000 progressively paid out over tenure
- Signature company jacket awarded every 5 years of service
The Park at Surprise
- Prepare dining room tables and ensure dining room cleanliness.
- Protect establishments and residents by adhering to sanitation, safety and alcohol beverage control policies.
- Help residents select food and beverages by presenting menu, making suggestions and explaining chefs daily specials.
- Answer food preparation questions.
- Bus dirty dishes and refill residents’ beverages as needed.
- Transmit orders to kitchen in a prompt fashion to ensure efficient service to residents and visitors.
- Effectively communicate needs of resident’s and special requests to kitchen staff and executive chef.
- Interact with residents in a courteous, empathetic, and cooperative manner.
- Adhere to grooming and presentation standards consistently, maintain clean uniform at all times.
- Perform basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by supervisor.
- Assist with special events as needed.
- Promptly address customer service issues and refer residents to management when necessary.
- Closing duties as assigned.
Server Required Qualifications:
- Positive impersonal skills required.
- Food handlers card required.
- Basic math skills.
- Ability to lift 15 pounds.
- Customer service experience.
- Must be drug free and submit to drug screening upon hire and routinely.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check upon hire and as required by state regulations.
- Will need to possess a current CPR/First Aide certificate and update as needed. (Class will be provided by community).
- Depending on location may need to be 21 years of age and alcohol safety trained.
About The Park at Surprise:
We are third generation, family owned, and operated. Koelsch Communities operates 30 communities in eight states, with 9 new communities in development. Koelsch has led the Senior Living industry for 60 years, delivering world-class customer service, home craftsmanship, and unprecedented amenities. After all, the common purpose at Koelsch Communities is: To create happiness by providing the finest living experiences anywhere.
To provide a comfortable environment for seniors where independence, dignity, and personal growth are supported and encouraged. To provide hospitality and care with kindness and professionalism. To treat all people with the respect they deserve and the special attention they may need.
Koelsch Communities is an equal opportunity employer and these protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring, appraisal systems, promotions/demotions, training, and any other career development programs. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status (physical or mental), family medical history, genetic information, political affiliation or any other non-merit-based factors.
Key words: Dishwasher, culinary aide, dietary aide, kitchen aide, senior living