Our Purpose: We each have a job title, but that is our function not our Purpose. Our Purpose is much bigger. It is not bound by an organizational chart or department lines. Our Purpose acts as our communal north star, guiding us collectively towards a common goal, Whatever it Takes to Deliver The Ibis Experience.
Our Values: Our story of success begins with an internal cultural of lateral service and acceptance. We have many voices, many faces, and many backgrounds, which are united by a shared vision. Our different perspectives and unique talents are balanced by our common Purpose, our Core Values (the Core4), and a bold commitment to service excellence.
A server ensures that all newly seated guests receive immediate attention, takes their orders and serves their food and beverage requests promptly and courteously. Ensures that guests are not ignored at any time throughout their dining experience. Through teamwork, assists other members of department in achieving departmental vision and goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides outstanding service with a smile to our members and their guests in a professional and courteous manner.
- Follows work schedule, calling out procedure, properly clocks in/out for breaks or leaving property.
- Greets members and guests in all areas of the club and dining room with warm smile, eye contact, and use of member's last name.
- Knows all menus and bar items. Takes drink and food orders accurately by confirming preferences/modifiers. Enters the order into POS with use of correct table and seat numbers and member account.
- Prepares and delivers member's checks. Confirms member's name, photo, and signature with POS information.
- Remains productive throughout shift with opening/closing/running side work. Follows opening/closing side work procedures.
- Promotes Club activities to members. Understands daily topic sheets as well as the Ibis Weekly Update and Culinary Corner posted in the service stations.
- Displays teamwork and doing "whatever it takes" for our members and guests.
- Follows proper steps of service as designated for each individual outlet.
- Communicates to management any safety concerns or specific tools that are needed to enable them to do their job.
- Performs clean up and closing duties assigned by manager.
- Handles issues courteously and professionally.
- Advises supervisor of any member/guest complaints so they can be immediately and professionally resolved.
- Operates within all guidelines, policies, standards, and constraints as established by the company.
- Assists in the implementation of Club mandatory standards of operations as they relate to the Food and Beverage operations.
- This position guide does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job related duties as requested.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Basic computer skills required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- None apply
Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability to visually inspect table set-up's, read banquet order forms and ensures that orders comply with the customer's request.
- Good organizational skills
- Strong work ethic
- Punctuality and dependability
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.