Feyen Zylstra is looking for a Service Account Manager for our Grand Rapids location. This is a full-time position, reporting to Service group leader. This role is responsible for the ongoing development of new and existing accounts within FZ’s Electrical Service group. In addition, responsibilities include selling electrical projects and services to commercial and industrial customers.
- Provide initial client contact to assess scope of work and resources required to successfully complete Electrical projects.
- Manage project budget and participate in monthly ETC review meetings
- Understand the customer’s needs and problems in order to determine equipment and facility repair, modification, and/or replacement recommendations that will provide the best solution for each individual customer.
- Ability to provide repair, modification, and/or replacement recommendations and document these so that the customer and installations teams understand the scope of work.
- Ability to estimate the cost of a repair, modification, or addition to a client’s facility while incorporating company pricing standards.
- Ability to survey electrical systems, interpret drawings, equipment, and job conditions.
- Utilize project management tools, including Change Order Pro, Bluebeam Review & Spectrum
- Prepare complete sales proposals for selected client projects with detailed review of proposal specifications and drawings.
- Work cross functionally with internal and external partners
- Ability to increase existing customer’s perception of and use of the Companies services by providing prompt, cost effective solutions, to the customers problems.
- Coordinate with the Electrical Service team to provide oversight and direction related to scheduling, dispatch and operations.
- High school diploma or GED
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required
- 10+ years of electrical, construction, design, estimating, finance and management required
- Thorough understanding of industry codes, corporate practices, processes, standards, etc. and their impact on project performance and customer satisfaction is essential
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills (tact, diplomacy, influence, etc.) required
- Energetic, self-starter with a positive attitude
- Must have excellent organizational, communications, and project management skills
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
We offer generous benefits, competitive compensation, paid time off, training and development, opportunity for growth, a safe work environment and the chance to work with a winning team in a great company culture.
Candidates are required to pass a drug screen, pre-employment physical, background check, motor vehicle report, and reference checking.
About Feyen Zylstra
Feyen Zylstra is different. Unlike a typical electrical contractor, we are a knowledge-based electrical services firm that specializes in complex industrial, commercial, and institutional projects with unique electrical demands. Headquartered in Grand Rapids, Michigan with offices in Detroit and Traverse City, Michigan, Nashville, Tennessee, and Charleston, South Carolina, Feyen Zylstra serves clients based throughout the country. For more information on Feyen Zylstra, please visit www.feyenzylstra.com.