Milton CAT is seeking an experienced Service Advisor/Dispatcher. Dispatchers are responsible for providing scheduling, communication and support for dispatch services and problem solving. A tremendous emphasis is placed on follow through and a positive attitude. Responsibilities include scheduling both emergency requests as well as ongoing maintenance work. Your ability to work effectively under pressure is a must.Essential Duties
- Answer phones and receive requests for service, quotes and installation.
- Confirm with customer scheduling of work.
- Track progress, check work status of Field Technicians to ensure the timely servicing of customer orders.
- Schedule, route and assign work to Field Service Technicians.
- Opens and update work orders.
- Analyze customer problems and prepare reports and problem logs as requested.
- Assists in time card entries, reviewing, closing and invoicing work orders.
- Maintains customer files.
- Passes on lead for work to other departments.
- Communicates with the credit department to ensure financial needs are met.
- Coordinates with CSA Department to meet their needs.
- Promotes customer service agreements.
- Maintain a professional and proper personal appearance at all times adhering to company policy.
- Flexible to work after hours when needed to meet customer needs.
- Maintain confidentiality relative to pricing, promotion, distribution, inventory, customer lists and financial reports.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required.
- High school diploma or (GED) equivalent, with college or trade school preferred.
- Proficient in the use of a computer and related software (Word, Excel, etc.).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem solving skills and be detailed oriented with a high level of accuracy.
- Basic math skills.
- Ability to perform duties with a sense of urgency, exceeding customer expectations.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must be able to work in a dynamic, fast paced service environment.
- Power Generation or Marine service/maintenance knowledge a plus.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Your supervisor may request and assign you similar duties.
Resumes that are mailed, emailed or hand-delivered to Milton CAT or any employee will not be considered. You must apply online. Background checks, drug testing, and health assessments are required as part of our pre-employment process.Why Milton CAT?
Join a company with a reputation as a choice destination for people seeking rewarding, stable careers.
Milton CAT is the exclusive distributor of Caterpillar earthmoving, construction machinery, and power systems products in the Northeast. Beyond clean, friendly work environments and state-of the-art equipment, tooling, and machinery, we offer exciting opportunities to experienced professionals, recent graduates, and students. The combination of a competitive compensation and benefits package, along with top notch training and advancement opportunities, makes Milton CAT an employer of choice in the Northeast.