Service Advisor - Volkswagen
- Minimum 2 years of experience, BMW experience preferred.
- Schedules service appointments. Obtains customer and vehicle data prior to arrival when possible.
- Greets customers in a timely, friendly manner and obtains vehicle information.
- Writes up customer's vehicle problems accurately and clearly on repair order.
- Test drives the vehicle with customer as needed to confirm the problem or refers to test technician.
- Refers to service history, inspects vehicle, and recommends additional needed service.
- Advises customers on the care of their cars and the value of maintaining their vehicles in accordance with manufacturers' specifications.
- Provides a complete and accurate written cost estimate for labor and parts. Establishes "promised time." Checks with dispatcher, if necessary.
- Obtains customer's signature on repair order; provides customer with a copy.
- Notifies dispatcher of incoming work.
- Checks on progress of repair throughout the day. Contacts customers regarding any changes in the estimate or promised time, explains cost and time requirements in detail, and gets proper authorization before any additional repairs are performed.
- Reviews repair orders to ensure that work is completed and additional work and authorization is noted. Closes repair order as appropriate. Keeps service department forms, menus and pricing guides up-to-date. Explains completed work and all charges to customers.
- Maintenance of customer information in accordance with current regulations.
- Maintains high customer satisfaction standards.
- Handles telephone inquiries regarding appointments and work in process.
- Dependability; Prepared for work on time.
- Maintains a professional appearance.
- Keeps work area clean.