Family-owned for 30 years, we’ve been helping three generations of Volkswagen owners find the perfect VW to suit their driving needs. With an open-door policy and a welcoming attitude, we invite all customers to get to know us. When we say it’s a family owned business, we’re not kidding…Mike Murphy, President and Owner is on the showroom floor every day. Get to know the family, or better yet – become part of the family!
At Volkswagen of Oakland, we’re committed to customer service. With 30 years of Volkswagen knowledge and expertise, our qualified management team is ready to answer your questions and address your needs. Our highly-trained service department offers top-of-the-line automotive service to our customers with the most current diagnostic and repair equipment available while our factory-trained technicians deliver the most efficient and quality-vehicle care. What are you waiting for? Apply today!
- Maintains a professional appearance.
- High school diploma or GED
- Excellent communication skills.
- Pass drug screen & background check.
- Must have clean & valid driver's license.
- 1 or more years of automotive service writer or advisor experience is REQUIRED.
- Must be on-time and reliable.
- Oversee flow of drive lane.
- Ensure that customers receive prompt, courteous, and effective service.
- Take ownership of the customer's experience by carrying out those additional assignments that allow the dealership to leave a positive impression with the customer.
- Provide concierge support for all owner inquiries, whether phone or in person, to assure the customer does not get mishandled.
- Ensures that the daily inventory of technicians' time is consistently sold to service customers.
- Obtains customer and vehicle data prior to arrival when possible.
- Greets customers in a timely, friendly manner and obtains vehicle information.
- Writes up customer’s vehicle problems accurately and clearly on repair order.
- Test drives the vehicle with customer as needed to confirm the problem or refers to test technician.
- Refers to service history, inspects vehicle, and recommends additional needed service.
- Verify warranty, CPO coverage, and/or open recall.
- Advises customers on the care of their vehicles and the value of maintaining their vehicles in accordance with manufactures’ specifications.
- Provides complete and accurate written cost estimate for labor and parts.
- Establish “promised time”, check with the dispatcher if necessary.
- Obtains customer’s signature on repair order, and provides customer with copy.
- Establishes customer’s method of payment. Obtains credit approval, if necessary.
- Notifies dispatcher of incoming work.
- Reviews repair orders to ensure that work is complete and additional work and authorization is noted. Close repair order as appropriate.
- Keeps service department forms, menus and pricing guides are up-to-date.
- Explains completed work and all charges to customers.
- Handle telephone inquiries regarding appointments and work in process.
- 5-day work days, Closed on the weekends
- Commissions and bonuses
- Paid time-off
- Holiday pay
- Medical / Dental / Vision and Life insurance
- 401K after 1-year of employment
- Equal opportunity employer