Service Center Associate
CLAIM YOUR FUTURE AS A GREAT PERFORMER!
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To expedite the Customer Service claims application process; to ensure correct case assignment; and to act as a customer liaison in assisting the customer with the correct contact person to resolve problems and/or questions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assigns new claims to the appropriate claims handler.
- Enters verbal and written application information that meets both the internal and external customers' requirements accurately into the claims management system.
- Contacts the customer by telephone, written correspondence and/or the claims system regarding documentation required to process a claim, required time frames and claim status.
- Communicates clearly and professionally with the customer by telephone and/or written correspondence regarding all aspects of claims process.
- Participates in and maintains a quality service culture within the Customer Service Team.
- Attendance during scheduled work hours is required.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization's quality program(s).
Education & Licensing
High school diploma or GED required.
One (1) year of clerical or customer service experience or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
Skills & Knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Good customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
Mental:Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines
Physical: Computer keyboarding, travel as required
Auditory/Visual: Hearing, vision and talking
The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a colleague assigned to this description. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.
Sedgwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer