Service Center Representative
CLAIM YOUR FUTURE AS A GREAT PERFORMER!
Providing both satisfying and challenging work along with a highly professional and friendly work atmosphere, Sedgwick has a strong commitment to its colleagues and its clients. If you are seeking a place where you can do great things for those whose lives you touch while maximizing your own career possibilities, Sedgwick is the place for you. As the largest and most innovative Third Party Administrator in the claims industry and the first and only TPA to receive both recognition as the Best TPA in America and the coveted Employer of Choice designation, we invite you to come be a part of our team and, "Claim Your Future."
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To provide excellent service to callers regarding claims for multiple lines of business; to expedite the claims application process and provide detailed claim notes on all calls; to resolve issues with one call/one person response; and to direct calls to appropriate escalation path as needed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Acts as primary liaison with callers; follows client specifications in assisting with questions and solving problems related to the claims application and servicing processes.
- Educates and informs the customer multiple communication channels about documentation required to process a claim, required time frames, payment information, and claim status.
- Educates claimants/callers on client requirements and benefit plans documenting all required details of the call in a concise professional manner.
- Enters verbal and written application information that meets both the internal and external customer's requirements accurately into the claims management system.
- Assigns new claims to the appropriate claims handler.
- Directs customer calls to the appropriate contact at multiple locations or escalates to Service Center Specialist/management as needed..
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization's quality program(s).
Education & Licensing
High school diploma or GED required. College courses preferred.
One (1) year customer service experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Inbound call center experience preferred.
Skills & Knowledge
- Knowledgeable in disability plan eligibility, coverage and benefits
- Good customer service skills
- Excellent oral and written communication, including presentation skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Strong organizational skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
Mental: Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines
Physical: Computer keyboarding, travel as required
Auditory/Visual: Hearing, vision and talking
The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a colleague assigned to this description. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.
Sedgwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer